The Douglas County School District is conducting a search for a Superintendent that displays high integrity, dynamic leadership, and community engagement that is focused on providing a high-quality educational foundation that empowers students to reach their individual potential.
Douglas County has an estimated population of 351,000 residents (according to the United States Census Bureau in 2019), it is 850 square miles and includes communities that range from small rural to large suburban. The Douglas County School District is Colorado’s third-largest school district, serving more than 63,000 students in preschool through twelfth grade and over 8,000 full and part-time employees. The district office is located approximately 30 miles south of downtown Denver.
The ideal individual will possess the following:
- A seasoned public educational leader. Ideally, working with districts equal to the size of Douglas County School District.
- A leader that is open, approachable, thoughtful, and has unquestioned integrity.
- A leader that is fully transparent with students, parents/guardians staff, and community members.
- A leader that is an effective communicator who excels in building relationships with students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members through authentic engagement.
- A leader that values diversity among students, parents, and outside groups.
- A leader whose leadership style is inclusive, understanding of fairness, leads with equity, and respect, within the schools and community.
- A leader with transparent personal values and an unwavering moral compass.
- A leader that is community committed. One that inspires trust, confidence, and mutual respect.
The required qualifications for the ideal individual are as following:
- Traditional public school educator experience required.
- Masters Degree in an education-related field is required; a doctorate highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals at all different levels.
- Exceptional leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Douglas County community committed.
- Principal experience highly preferred.
- Central Office Administrator experience preferred.
The anticipated starting date is July 1, 2021.
The anticipated annual salary for this position will range from $220,000 – $270,000.
All interested individuals are invited to apply for the position at www.frederickandrews.com/dougcosuperintendent. For questions and/or further information, please contact Tim DeMers, Managing Partner, Frederick Andrews, at DougCoSuperintendent@fredand.com.
Please submit your application by March 18, 2021.