Mount Pleasant Central School District | www.mtplcsd.org
Westchester County, New York
Located in the heart of Westchester County, New York, the district encompasses the hamlets of Thornwood and Hawthorne and portions of Pleasantville and Valhalla. A large percentage of the residents are professionals who commute to New York City, which is approximately 35 miles to the south.
The School District: The Mount Pleasant Central School District serves approximately 2000 students in grades K-12 who attend four schools: Hawthorne Elementary (K-2), Columbus Elementary (3-5), Westlake Middle School (6-8) and Westlake High School (9-12). The middle school and high school share the same campus along with the District Office. The District is a member of the Tri-State Consortium of high-performing school districts. The District is characterized by:
- Highly qualified teachers who actively participate in in-house and out-of-district professional development opportunities.
- Highly motivated students – annually more than 95% of the graduates go on to higher education.
- A rigorous academic curriculum within learning centered classrooms throughout the grades.
- Westlake Middle School is an Authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Westlake HS offers the AP Capstone diploma.
- An extensive and diverse offering of academic, cultural arts and athletic programs and student clubs.
- An actively involved parent community.
The Leadership Opportunity
The Board of Education is seeking an accomplished educational leader for the position of Superintendent of Schools, effective July 1, 2021, or as soon thereafter as possible. The ideal candidate should have high expectations for all students, strong leadership skills and a distinguished record of educational leadership experiences.
Candidates should possess, or be eligible for, certification in New York State as a Superintendent of Schools.
For additional information about this position and/or to apply online, go to https://hyasearch.com/job/superintendent-thornwood-ny/