Superintendent of Schools
Poudre School District
Fort Collins, CO
The Poudre School District is seeking an exceptional educational leader to serve as superintendent. The district is the focal point of the several communities it serves in its 1800 sq. mile reach. Established in 1866, the district has grown to enroll approximately 30,000 students in 52 schools, including four comprehensive high schools, six 100% choice schools, three alternative high schools, one online school, and five charter schools. PSD is nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River, and offers abundant outdoor recreational opportunities and diverse cultural activities with an average of 300 days of sunshine
Driven by its mission that pledges “Educate .. Every Child, Every Day,” and a vision that “PSD exists to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world,” the Board of Education and staff have a demonstrated commitment to achieving its aspirational ends (https://www.psdschools.org/your-district/board-of-education/district-ends.
The new leader must live and breathe the district’s operating principles: integrity, commitment to continuous quality learning, openness and trust, courageous action, inclusivity, and joyful work. He or she will need to sustain and strengthen a long tradition of academic excellence, robust co-curricular programming, and thoughtful innovation. Additionally, the candidate should be culturally responsive and have recent and relevant experience in addressing opportunity and achievement gaps and fostering open and trusting relationships among all stakeholders. Experience as a public school teacher is important and candidates should have high level school district leadership experience or an analogous role. Ph.D or Ed.D is preferred but not required. The superintendent will be required to live within the district boundaries.
Applicants should submit the following via email firstname.lastname@example.org with PSDSEARCH in the subject line:
- Full resume
- Cover letter stating why they are seeking the job and why they will be an excellent fit for the district
- Contact information for three references
- A one page written response to each of the following four prompts (total of four pages maximum):
- In the United States, the system and delivery of education is fundamentally the same today to what it was 100 years ago. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of this reality. What have you done to change this reality for the better?
- Successful superintendents inspire the students and staff to believe that they can accomplish more than they ever thought possible. Please share an example of how you have inspired others to reach beyond their own expectations and succeed.
- With applicability to leadership and/or your role in education, what is something significant that you thought you knew and have recently found out you were wrong about? What changes have you made in your practice to reflect this new view of reality?
- Please describe your recent and relevant work in developing equitable opportunities and experiences for students and staff and share the outcomes that resulted from your efforts.
The deadline for applications is open until filled but we recommend having them completed by March 15th, 2021.