Superintendent of Schools
East Ramapo Central School District
Spring Valley, NY
The East Ramapo Central School District, racially, ethnically, and economically diverse and located in a suburban/urban enclave in vibrant Rockland County, New York, is seeking a Superintendent of Schools. Proximal to the cultural, academic and arts resources of New York City, the area provides attractive opportunities for district residents.
The district provides academic programs, services, and supportive projects for students in its fourteen schools: one Early Childhood Center, seven Elementary Schools, one Intermediate School, one STEAM Academy, two middle schools, and two high schools. The district supports more than 9,000 students in its schools and provides state-mandated services for more than 25,000 private school students.
For more information, please visit http://www.ercsd.org
Among the many strengths of the East Ramapo district recently cited by staff, students, and residents are:
- A district where a perceptive, thoughtful and innovative superintendent will be able to implement robust change with a supportive staff and community
- A hard-working and dedicated staff
- A district which has a great commitment to the students, parents and community
- A district offering tremendous opportunity for improvement and growth
- Historically-strong athletic and arts programs
- A talented and resourceful community which contributes to the school’s programs
Following significant staff and community engagement, the East Ramapo Board of Education has approved the following specifications for its search for a new Superintendent.
The successful candidate will be:
- A skilled communicator, preferably with experience as a superintendent, who has successfully provided educational leadership in a diverse, high-expectation school community;
- Skilled in developing community-wide support for successfully addressing continuing budget and finance issues;
- A respected, visible and transparent leader, with successful experience as a classroom teacher and building administrator;
- A visionary who has demonstrated success in bringing together all parts of a diverse community to work together for the benefit of its school children;
- An administrator with proven success in addressing complex problems of planning, organization and instruction, and developing needed community support;
- A leader who is approachable and utilizes a collaborative style in capitalizing on the strengths of staff, students, and community.
The Board of Education is offering a regionally-competitive compensation package. New York State certification as School District Leader or School District Administrator is required for appointment. Applications must be submitted online at www.leadschools.us by February 17, 2021 (click on “CURRENT SEARCHES”). In addition to completing the basic application, candidates are asked to upload a cover letter describing how they meet the above criteria, together with their current resume. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE.
FOR SCHOOL LEADERSHIP, LLC,
Dr. Charles Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. LaRuth Gray (email@example.com)