Vancouver Public Schools
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Vancouver Public Schools, Vancouver, Washington, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: Southwest Washington State, 10 miles north of Portland, Oregon
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make and has developed the following desired characteristics.
The successful new Vancouver Public Schools superintendent shall embody the following characteristics and qualities:
- A visible, open, honest, approachable person, a visionary leader who leads with honesty and integrity. An empathic and likable person who values and has a demonstrated record of developing and nurturing strong relationships with staff, unions, and community.
- A positive, clear communicator who has a history of valuing the opinions of all stakeholders, a master of conflict resolution, and one who has a history of working closely with the Board.
- An instructional leader with first-hand public-school experience at various level. However, an alternative pathway and leadership experience may be acceptable.
- A courageous, data-driven leader who is not afraid to address issues with honesty, collaboration and develop and implement a clear vision of change, one who has demonstrated success with improving performance for the underserved.
- A student focused educator who has successful leadership with the development of programs, focused upon innovation, technology, and arts and experience with their necessary bond programs.
- Closing date for applications: January 20, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: February 10, 2021
- Interviews with the Board of Directors: Mid-February 2021
- Selection of new Superintendent: March 2021
- Start date: July 1, 2021
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
School Website: http://vansd.org
Consultants: Dr. Steve Lowder email@example.com; Ms. Aida Buelna firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.