North Allegheny School District
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The North Allegheny School District, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania School Board, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position on or before January 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the School Board in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: southwestern Pennsylvania
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
- A student-centered and forward-thinking educational visionary; with a deep understanding of modern learning and the skill sets students need to be successful in a changing world, as well as a proven commitment to updating curriculum and teaching practices. One who values the “whole” child and supports Academics, Athletics, and Arts.
- An experienced educational leader, with an understanding of Western Pennsylvania preferred, who can demonstrate successful management of challenging budgets, who has maintained stable district strategic direction over time, and who has a history of guiding and developing strong relationships with Boards.
- A servant leader who is ethical, humble, compassionate and honest, who values constructive criticism and develops a high performing staff through relationships, mentorship, and positive instructional leadership.
- A decision-maker who has demonstrated ability to develop effective solutions by working with staff and community to get feedback and buy-in, and who also can make difficult decisions for the good of the district as a whole.
- Closing date for applications: August 3, 2020 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- School Board selects finalists to interview: Late August/early September 2020
- Finalists Interviews with the School Board: Mid-September 2020
- Selection of new Superintendent: Early October 2020
- Start date: January 1, 2021
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
School Website: http://www.northallegheny.org
Consultants: Dr. Ralph Ferrie
Dr. Steve Joel
North Allegheny School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.