SARASOTA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT (FLORIDA)
The Sarasota County School District is seeking a visionary individual to lead one of Florida’s and the nation’s highest performing school districts. The district is located on Florida’s beautiful southwest coast and serves a diverse population of more than 44,000 students.
The district has been A-rated by the Florida Department of Education every year since the grading system was introduced in 2004 and has achieved an 89.4% graduation rate. The district has 39 regular schools and 12 charter schools. A technical college offers advanced career preparation for those not pursuing college opportunities.
The Sarasota County School District is strongly supported by the community as evidenced by continuous passage of additional millage and sales tax; the school district also benefits from actively engaged philanthropic individuals and organizations. For more information about Sarasota County Schools go to: www.sarasotacountyschools.net.
The five-member School Board seeks a Superintendent with the following qualifications:
- Masters Degree required from an accredited institutions: Doctorate preferred.
- Ten years of education, or equivalent business or governmental experience with at least five or more years in an executive leadership position.
- Associate Superintendent or equivalent experience preferred.
- Florida experience preferred.
Salary Range; $190,000 – $240,000 with competitive benefits.
Finalists interviews will be held on June 30, July 1 and 2, 2020. The position start date is to be determined.
Application Process and Deadline – To apply, candidates must submit the following:
- A resume with a signed cover letter.
- Three letters of professional recommendation.
- Verification of credentials, including college transcripts, reflecting the highest degree held. (Copies of transcripts are acceptable, but official versions are required prior to an offer of employment.)
All application materials referenced above must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received no later than the application deadline of midnight on May 29, 2020.
For additional information about the application process, please contact a Florida School Boards Association team member: Andrea Messina, Executive Director: (850) 414-2578, (850) 566-1860; email@example.com
Dr. Bill Vogel, Consultant: (321) 299-2452; firstname.lastname@example.org
John Reichert, Consultant: (321) 363-7909; email@example.com
*IMPORTANT NOTICE* All application materials submitted for this position are subject to the Florida Public Records Act and “Government in the Sunshine” provisions of Florida law. The name of applicants and materials submitted by each applicant cannot be held in confidence, and are open to the public.