Pleasantville Union Free School District | https://pleasantvilleschools.org
Superintendent of Schools
Westchester County, New York
The Pleasantville Union Free School District in Westchester County, New York, is seeking a superintendent to lead our schools in ways that will help prepare our students for the future. Located 30 miles north of New York City, Pleasantville has 8,200 school district residents. Known as a “walking village” for its small size of 1.9 square miles, Pleasantville is home to the Jacob Burns Film Center and the Westchester campus of Pace University.
The school district serves about 1,700 students in grades K-12 who attend three schools: Bedford Road School (K-4), Pleasantville Middle School (5-8), and Pleasantville High School (9-12). The district’s schools have been recognized by NYS and the U.S. Department of Education as Schools of Excellence. The district has a five-member Board of Education.
The mission of Pleasantville Union Free School District is to create pathways to unique opportunities inspired by valued traditions, to empower all students to thrive as lifelong learners, dynamic thinkers, and compassionate, contributing citizens through a learning community. As a school district, we pride ourselves on the following characteristics:
- Commitment to continuous improvement of curriculum and instruction to provide students with skills and knowledge they need for college, career, and civic life.
- Our dedicated teaching staff engages in continual professional development in instruction, assessment, and culturally responsive practice.
- We provide a multitude of opportunities for students to find their passion whether in STEM, visual arts, performing arts, academics, sports, or student clubs.
- We offer extensive special education programs to meet the varied needs of our students.
- As part of our commitment to academic rigor and equity, our AP program offers dozens of classes and has an open enrollment policy.
- About 97% of students graduate in four years and go on to college, careers, or the military.
- High levels of volunteerism among parents and community members in support of our schools.
The BOE seeks a superintendent with a demonstrated record of student-centered initiatives; strong instructional and administrative leadership; open communication and collaboration; and a clear commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
A complete profile of the desired characteristics of the successful candidate can be found at https://pleasantvilleschools.org/pdf/PUFSD%20Superintendent%20Profile.pdf.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter explaining why they are the best person to lead the Pleasantville Union Free School District and why they are interested in the position to email@example.com. Applications preferred by April 26, 2021. The successful candidate should be prepared to take office on or around January 1, 2022. All applications will be kept confidential.
The Pleasantville Union Free School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.