POSITION: Secondary Principal – High School
LOCATION: CB East High School
COMPENSATION: Salary in accordance with Act 93 Agreement
The High School Principal is responsible for providing administrative leadership while developing and maintaining high quality educational programs and services. The Principal will assure success through planning, supervising, directing, and evaluating educational programs. Student, teacher, parent and community activities and resources are key elements within the sphere of responsibility. The High School Principal is also responsible for successful implementation of school board polices and administrative regulations and directives.
Strong leadership and communication skills, demonstrated abilities in improving student achievement and sound knowledge and understanding of the educational and social needs of adolescents required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (List is not all-inclusive)
- Possess a personal vision and work with stakeholders to reach consensus on future vision for the school.
- Assist the Board of School Directors, Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Education with coordination of educational programs.
- Improve instruction in the school through the implementation of high impact instruction and assessment strategies.
- Coordinate and supervise the process of selecting the most qualified candidates for instructional and non-instructional positions.
- Prepare, direct, and monitor building budgets and activity accounts.
- Demonstrate an ability to foster relationships and a positive school climate for all stakeholders.
- Serve as spokesperson for the school, responsible for communicating goals, aspirations, accomplishments, and other news to the community.
- Develop and nurture supportive communication between the home and school.
- Monitor curriculum and instructional trends and provide leadership for research and application of those trends within the school.
- All other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or related field required.
PA School Administrator – Principal PK-12 or Secondary Principal certification required.
Teaching certification in a major content 7-12 or a specialized content K-12 area required.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational and management skills. Knowledge of current instructional best practices, sound knowledge and understanding of the educational and social needs of adolescents, and student-centered approach to all responsibilities.
PROCEDURE: Apply through the CBSD Employment Portal on or before June 22, 2020*. EOE
*The district reserves the right to close this posting prior to the deadline should a suitable applicant be found.
All employment is provisional for 90 days as required by ACT 168 of 2014, enacted December 22, 2014. IF YOU ARE A NEW HIRE WITH CBSD, you must complete the ACT 168 INQUIRY FORM which is included in the New Hire Checklist. See details and instructions on the Inquiry Form.