PENDERGAST SCHOOL DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: Director of Purchasing and Warehouse
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY LEVEL: Director of Purchasing/Warehouse
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-Month
LOCATION: Financial Services
DATE APPROVED: June 2, 2020
SUMMARY: The job of Director of Purchasing and Warehouse serves to acquire the necessary resources to support District operations; assuring District revenue is accurately and effectively utilized; ensuring proper use of District funds; providing instruction and guidance on order processing; ensuring audit trail and reference documentation of purchases; and ensuring compliance with related bidding regulations and inventory controls.
SUPERVISES: Purchasing Technician, Warehouse Personnel, Compliance Coordinator
• Bachelor degree
• Minimum five years purchasing experience
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent, plus job related continuing education
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of procurement procedures
• Experience in supervision of staff
• Fingerprint/background clearance (upon employment)
• Bachelor degree
• Public school district purchasing experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide managerial oversight for a wide range of procurement, supply chain management, inventory management functions, including e-commerce, materials storage/distribution
• Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal procurement policy and regulations
• Manage and establish controls for the purchasing functions including planning, forecasting, acquisition, quality assurance, continuous process improvement, contract administration, and contract regulation
• Oversees and processes district bids for potential commodities, supplies, equipment, and services (e.g. development of specifications, advertising, evaluation, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with District, state, and federal bidding regulations
• Maintain knowledge of Arizona State Procurement Codes and the Uniform System of Financial Records for the purpose of providing required documentation, audits, and compliance
• Evaluates documentation (e.g. requisitions, change orders, bids, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of District funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services
• Evaluates vendors (e.g. references, licenses, financial condition, etc.) for the purpose of determining their capability to perform specifications
• Maintains various files (e.g. vendor, contract, construction, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing required documentation and historical information
• Monitors purchase orders, contracts, bids and budgetary expenditures for the purpose of ensuring accurate allocation of funds and/or adherence to fiscal regulations
• Orients other personnel, vendors and contractors for the purpose of providing instruction and guidance on order processing
• Prepares various reports (e.g. bid summaries, tabulations, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation and information to others
• Processes orders, work orders and requisitions for supplies, equipment, conference requests and services for the purpose of acquiring resources to support District operations
• Provides information and referrals to teachers, staff, parents, etc., for the purpose of serving as a resource for purchasing referrals
• Schedules equipment repairs as requested for the purpose of providing equipment in operating condition according to service contract specifications
• Monitors departmental budget for the purpose of ensuring the accurate allocation of expenses and tracking of assets
• Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements
• Procures equipment, supplies and materials (e.g. textbooks, custodial supplies, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and proper storage in District warehouse facilities
• Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct
• Researches vendors, new products, laws, regulations, etc., for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining District-wide services
• Reviews purchase orders and contract bids for the purpose of ensuring vendor compliance with District, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures
• Solicits quotations for the purpose of providing cost information, making purchases and securing items
• Supervises warehouse, in-district food services personnel and other assigned units for the purpose of providing efficient operations
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
• Directs clerical support staff for the purpose of ensuring accurate completion of data entry and assorted assignments
• Perform such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Superintendent/Designee
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Skills are required to perform multiple technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilizing pertinent software applications; and utilizing standard office equipment; and planning and managing projects.
Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent, and/or ratios; read technical information; compose a variety of documents and/or facilitate group discussions; and understand multi-step oral and written instructions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
Ability is required to schedule activities; gather, collate and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined, but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: working under time constraints; being attentive to detail; adhering to safety practices; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; and maintaining detailed records.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; and monitoring budget expenditures. Utilization of significant resources from other work units is routinely required to perform the job’s functions. There is continual opportunity to significantly impact the Organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; and some fine-finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking and 10% standing. The job is performed under a generally hazard-free environment.
To apply: Please visit www.pesd92.org.