William M. Davies, Jr. Career and Technical High School
Lincoln, Rhode Island
YOU MUST APPLY VIA SCHOOL SPRING – https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3420199
The Director of the William M. Davies, Jr. Career & Technical High School (“Davies”) provides leadership and management of all aspects of the school. Davies’ mission is to prepare all students for a seamless transition into higher education AND into the workforce. As such, there is an equal focus on comprehensive high school academics, as well as career and technical education in one of nine areas. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a change agent in achieving excellence in academics as measured by student outcomes, refreshing state of the art technical programs to ensure relevance for the region’s job market while building a positive and collaborative school/community culture. The Davies Director reports to the Davies Board of Trustees.
- The ability to qualify for an obtain a valid Rhode Island Certificate: Building Level Administrator, Grades K-12
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in educational and organizational leadership in the areas of curriculum, development, and evaluation.
- Master’s degree with coursework in administration
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing strategic plans
- Proven track record at the secondary level in an administrative leadership role in a career and technical setting
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as may be appropriate and acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide leadership and the overall administration of the William M. Davies, Jr. Career and Technical High School.
- Develop, implement and monitor school-wide policies that guide instructional and operational components of the school while setting standards for student and teacher conduct.
- Responsible to manage Payroll and budget development for optimal operation of the school while advocating with key stakeholders for funding needed to achieve the school’s operating and strategic improvement plans.
- Market and promote the school’s role in the State of R.I.
- Act as an appointing authority for all faculty and staff selection.
- Develop and support a program of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Provide leadership in the planning and implementation of integrated academic and technical education.
- Develop and monitor a system to measure student achievement and the impact of improvement activities.
- Direct physical plant maintenance and capital planning.
- Manage and improve recruitment and public relations for the career and technical school.
- Build collaborative and maintain cooperative relations with parents, community groups, business/industry, and government leaders with the aim to fulfill Davies’ mission and strategic goals.
- Maintain memberships in various civic and professional organizations and learn new educational methods and trends through advanced study, attending conferences and seminars, professional literature and other appropriate methods
- All other duties to be assigned by the Board of Trustees as appropriate
William M. Davies, Jr. Career and Technical High School (Davies), located in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a local education agency (LEA) serving approximately 850 students from Central Falls, Lincoln, North Providence, Pawtucket, Providence, and Smithfield.
Davies is governed by an independent, business-led Board of Trustees. Students must take entrance examinations and apply for admission to Davies. In partnership with businesses and institutions of higher education, Davies prepares students for promising careers in Rhode Island’s business sector: hospitality, biomanufacturing, healthcare, electronic health records, Electrical/telecommunications, cosmetology, robotics/pre-engineering, building and construction trades, high tech manufacturing, graphic design and printing, and automotive services.
Davies a four-year high school, offers both academic and career-focused programs, plus SkillsUSA membership and competitions, intramural sports, and many activities for students.
After a ninth-grade exploratory experience, students may choose programs in a multitude of career-related areas. Current industry and academic standards guide decisions on curriculum and equipment. Technical Programs: Automotive Careers, Biomanufacturing, Building/Construction Trades, Cosmetology and Barbering, Electrical/Telecommunications, Electronics/Robotics/Pre-engineering, Graphic Design/Printing, Health Careers, Hospitality, Machine Technologies, and Medical Health Records. Industry-recognized certifications measure students’ proficiency in technical areas and a standards-based fully accredited 4-year academic program that leads to a high school diploma.
In this technology-rich environment, students enjoy several computer labs, a fully equipped library with internet access, and a dedicated Senior Project Center. Comprehensive support systems assist students with special needs or limited English proficiency. Actual work experience is an essential component of Davies’ comprehensive educational program. Students participate in business tours, job shadows, community service, and internships related to their technical areas. Davies School-to-Career staff supervises all placements.
Davies graduates have many opportunities – go straight into well-paying jobs related to their career/technical area, attending 2- or 4-year college, working while attending college, or continue their technical training in the military.
Davies is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion. national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Learn more about us at www.daviestech.org.