Milwaukee French Immersion School
Administrative applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Resources by 11:59 PM CST on Sunday, May 23, 2021. A current resume and three (3) signed letters of recommendation less than one (1) year old must be attached to the completed application (if you are unable to electronically attach these documents, you must notify human resources that you are sending hard copies which must be received on or before the deadline date listed above). Caution: When attaching documents to the application, be sure the documents are legible. If the documents cannot be read, your application may be disqualified from consideration. The appointment is subject to a criminal background check, a drug/alcohol test, and credential verification. Non-MPS employees must submit official transcripts confirming a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time.
Milwaukee French Immersion School (MFIS) has been well-known as a high-achieving public school for over 40 years. MFIS is proud to have a diverse, inclusive community, and welcomes families from across the city of Milwaukee, and the surrounding suburbs. As a testament to the caring atmosphere and excellent educational program, former students return to work as staff and many of the staff members have sent or currently send their children to MFIS.
- Milwaukee French Immersion School is a committed to making French language immersion education accessible to ALL students
- Our Students – We embrace the cultural identities of our student population and the contributions they make to our school community. The diversity of our students is what makes our school beautiful.
- The French language and culture – We embrace the presence of the French language in the francophone world. We aim to create global citizens through our teaching in French and through the variety of cultural experiences we provide to our students.
- Collaboration – We aim to reach higher levels of collaboration and we recognize for we are all accountable for our school’s success. We are stronger and smarter when we work together to accomplish our school-wide goals.
- Continuous Improvement– We will consistently reflect on our current practices and pursue higher levels of teacher expertise. We believe in using a growth mindset in order to grow as professionals.
BASIC FUNCTION: Supervises, coordinates, and manages the activities of the entire building and staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership for the activities supporting the Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) educational process to include establishing and maintaining the learning climate, programming of classes to meet student needs, supervising all support services for the school, and ensuring proper student conduct and discipline procedures are maintained.
- Supervises the school’s teaching process, utilizing resources from the central office as necessary.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the implementation of all school activities and evaluates them (with assistant principals, if appropriate) in accordance with the policies of the Board of School Directors and/or directives of the superintendent.
- Initiates designs and implements programs to meet the specific needs of assigned schools within guidelines established by the administration.
- Establishes and maintains a favorable relationship with local community groups and individuals to foster understanding and solicit support for school activities. Communicates Board policies and directives from the superintendent to the community. Meets with parents to discuss and resolve student problems.
- Ensures that all newly assigned staff members are oriented to the building and their various departments and ensures continuing professional development as necessary.
- Coordinates various support activities to include maintenance and repair of the building and grounds, school nutrition and lunch program, recreation department activities on campus, financial, budgeting and accounting functions, library and/or bookstore functions, and clerical activities.
- Supervises and implements specialized education programs offered at the school.
- Directs various athletic programs, extra-curricular activities, music and dramatics programs, and school-sponsored social events.
- Evaluates and counsels all staff members regarding their individual performance according to established policies and Employee Handbook.
- Attends district meetings as required. Maintains currency in the professional field through appropriate literature and attendance at conferences and seminars.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure staff is updated on MPS policies and new and emerging research.
- Provides exceptional customer service through positive communication and fostering a welcoming environment.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in education with an emphasis in Administrative Leadership or Curriculum and Instruction
- Valid Wisconsin Principal, #51 license
- Five (5) years of professional education experience as a tenured, licensed teacher in a K-12 setting
- One (1) year of successful school administrative/supervisory experience in a K-12 setting
- Candidates must be able to read, write and speak French fluently
The salary range is $83,365 – 120,295 (220 days)
APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING #1017837
For further information call Pepper LaMothe, Manager, Talent Management at (414) 475-8224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org