Flexible Location in Southeast Region – Puerto Rico or Florida Preferred
TNTP seeks a full-time Partner, Southeast to join the Consulting Division. This position will work on projects in Puerto Rico and the following states in the Southeast region: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. This position is based in a home office in the Southeast region with a strong preference for candidates living in Puerto Rico or Florida. Post COVID related travel restrictions, frequent travel in the Southeast region of up to 50% is required.
Who We Are
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Consulting team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. We work to help educators, schools, and school systems expand access to opportunity for students. Partners on the Consulting team focus on supporting systems to provide equitable, high-quality opportunities to students by growing our talent and academics consulting work.
What You’ll Do
The Partner is a critical leader at TNTP – driving the development of services, managing a portfolio of client engagements or contracts within our Consulting team, and serving as a face of the organization to our district partners and external stakeholders, with a focus on Puerto Rico and Florida. The Partner will advance innovative and nuanced solutions to TNTP’s clients’ biggest challenges and ensure engagements meet client needs and achieve ambitious goals.
The primary job responsibilities include:
Program Development (~30%)
- Build teacher pipelines. Lead the implementation of new and innovative pipeline programs to recruit, select, develop, and retain pipelines of great teachers and leaders.
- Propose innovative solutions to complex challenges. Tackle high stakes challenges in ambiguous situations and ensure project teams meet desired outcomes. Specifically, oversee the design and implementation of a teacher pipeline program.
- Bring Language Development content expertise and background. Draw from deep experience training teachers on effective Language instruction. Bring expertise working in districts, systems, or charter networks with a high percentage of students learning English.
Client and Project Management (~50%)
- Support TNTP’s academic work. Lead TNTP’s academic strategy work across the Southeast region with senior clients at urban or rural school districts or CMOs. Champion great teaching and learning that prepares students for success in college and career.Bring familiarity and experience with college ready state standards; understand the implications of the shifts in instruction required by college and career ready standards for students, teachers, school leaders and district staff.
- Lead with an asset-based and equity-centered approach. Bring a strong understanding and prior experience with equity-based, asset-oriented, and culturally responsive practices, and use them as the foundation for your leadership.
- Hire, develop, manage and retain talent. Grow and develop staff toward ambitious goals. Practice inclusive leadership that honors diverse perspectives and makes the most of your team’s and individual’s unique strengths. Ensure staff working on projects in your portfolio have an inclusive and supportive work environment that reflects TNTP’s unique culture and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Model cross-cultural agility. Utilize authentic self-reflection, self- awareness, and high emotional intelligence to shape a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, that influences how you think about your work. Bring an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with direct reports, colleagues and clients.
Business Development (~20%)
- Lead and support business development. Lead sales efforts with new and existing partners that align to strategic priorities, ensuring we meet budget and revenue targets. Leverage your external network, particularly in Puerto Rico and/or Florida, to build relationships and identify options for new sources of funding for TNTP.
- Build relationships. Cultivate relationships with foundations, philanthropic organizations, current and potential clients in the region, particularly in Puerto Rico and Florida. Leverage your connections in this region to build relationships with diverse communities.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- Professional fluency in English and Spanish (required)
- Senior level experience working in or with leadership in school districts or CMOs and leading complex organizational change efforts, including the ability to develop a clear vision and purposeful strategy to achieve ambitious goals
- Experience leading programs or strategy at senior-levels for academics, ELL/bilingual/multi-lingual programs, and/or teacher development pipelines
- Demonstrated success navigating and managing complex and nuanced relationships, including the ability to motivate and influence the decisions of TNTP’s most senior-level clients
- Excellent management skills, including experience effectively managing diverse teams, building inclusive team culture and developing talent to achieve ambitious goals
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including financial forecasting and maximizing revenue
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter with your application. In your cover letter you should address why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this particular position. Please submit your application online.