40702 – SENIOR MANAGER, STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The HR Senior Manager position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated organizational functions. The position serves as a consultant to senior leadership on human resource-related issues and is responsible for leading and developing a group of HR Partners. The successful HR Senior Manager acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the goals and priorities of the Denver Public Schools.
– Proactively identify and implement best practices to optimize HR supports to schools and departments.
– Model the DPS Shared Core values of students first, equity, integrity, accountability, and collaboration.
– Manage through influence across multiple teams to achieve desired HR goals.
– Implement appropriate change management strategies and proactively communicate information to stakeholders.
– Acts as a change agent for customer initiatives.
– Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures workforce planning and succession planning.
– Analyzes various sources of data (i.e. exit interviews, retention/turnover, engagement, LEAP, LIFT) to proactively identify trends and develops strategies with senior leaders and centers of excellence to address findings.
– Manages talent development for respective organizational functions, as well as talent management across the organization through strong collaboration with One HR.
– Partners with leaders to develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthening culture, productivity and engagement within DPS.
– Develops HR talent across the HR Partner team through intentional HR skill building.
– Contribute to a culture of positive, proactive communication, prioritizing listening and transparency.
– Owns employee engagement measurement, action plans and intervention development for HR Partner team.
– Ensures proper execution of systems and structures to reinforce equity of opportunity and outcomes for all students and staff.
– Collaborates with school leaders and central office departments to identify and share best practices for supporting all educators.
– Foster a culture of inclusion that recognizes and addresses a diverse set of viewpoints.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Five (5) or more years of related experience.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational agility.
– Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Demonstrated experience performing as an effective leader and team player, and recognizing and resolving conflicts or potentially controversial situations through diplomacy.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
– Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
– Outstanding facilitation and communication skills, including ability to inspire others.
– Ability to communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effective oral, written and presentation skills.
– Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
– Bachelor’s Degree is required.
– Master’s Degree preferred.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.