38469 – SENIOR PROGRAM INITIATIVES MANAGER, AR&D
ASSESSMENT, REPORTING & DATA SUPPORT (AR&D)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Influences district decision-making for department priorities, support structures and resource allocation. Leads the execution, maintenance, projects’ implementation, change management, and cross-functional alignment of workstreams; ensures department and district compliance with relevant industry, state and federal regulations.
Increase impact by driving large-scale, strategic projects on behalf of AR&D in collaboration with multiple divisions, adding structure and processes that ensure key activities are running smoothly and serving and creating cohesion among teams and departments across the district. This position will own specific projects that are cross-departmental and time sensitive. The Senior Program Initiatives Manager will also support the AR&D Executive Director in managing the department budget.
– Formulates and aligns department goals and objectives to achieve successful outcomes, as defined by the district; ensures governance and long-range strategic direction of the department with a broad understanding of the context, decision making rationale and district implications. Establishes systems, structures, tools, policies and procedures to enhance the efficacy of the department, including those related to communications and training.
– Directs, administers, and evaluates department operations, policies and procedures relevant to the lifecycle of the department; ensures effectiveness and demonstrates outcomes beyond department establishment. Coordinates and tracks department expenditures and adjusts project activities, specifications, proposals, contracts and schedules to meet overall department objectives within budget.
– Sets and monitors new department priorities, including: objectives, benefits, key deliverables and resources. Manages long and short term work plans and schedules to track progress; ensures milestone are attained; identifies, analyzes and mitigates project risks, solving for project ‘road blocks’; assesses outcomes and lessons learned; provides timely and accurate project deliverables.
– Conducts district-wide outreach to strengthen the department through relationships; engages community leaders, practitioners, partners and district stakeholder to encourage meaningful engagement at all levels of department operations and proactively enhances department value across the district. Identifies stakeholder needs, leverages assets and is a catalyst for strengthening the department within the community.
– Lead large scale strategic projects that extend across multiple divisions in support of division strategic initiatives priorities. Work includes: translating vision into action, engaging with key stakeholders and developing project plans.
– Serve as a strategic thought partner, sounding board and confidante to the Executive Director in order to help inform organizational strategy and decision making.
– Support the Executive Director in establishing and monitoring progress on goals for the division, in alignment with the district goals and priorities, and corresponding mechanisms to support on-going progress monitoring and continuous improvement efforts.
– Manage and triage needs of departments that impact workflow. Prioritize, delegate and complete work on behalf of the Executive Director in order to increase visibility and accessibility.
– Lead and support meetings both within AR&D and in partnership with other departments by preparing content and facilitation protocols.
– Assist with staffing decisions, hiring, and onboarding in alignment with department priorities. Update department onboarding materials as needed and develop customized onboarding plan and materials for newly hired department leaders.
– Develop and execute communication strategies to ensure effective communication from the division. Strategically manage division public record requests.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 5+ years of experience leading large scale change initiatives in K-12 education and/or large complex organizations.
– PMP preferred.
– Knowledge of program management best practices.
– Work style that yields high results when working independently or as part of a team.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students..
– Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
– Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
– Ability to multi-task without compromising integrity or fidelity.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and/or Project Management Software (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Inspired, visionary who can foster/generate excitement, buy-in and understanding with colleagues and employees outside of the team.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Ability to influence large, cross-functional teams without direct reporting responsibility is preferred.
– Successfully managing several large-scale, complex, and transformative projects from conception through implementation is preferred.
– Ability to effectively collaborate with staff at all levels of an organization – from cabinet level staff to individual contributors is preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Education or a related field is required.
– Master’s Degree is preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.