Come Grow With Us.
Make Your Impact in the Ankeny Community School District.
WHO WE ARE.
Serving one of the fastest-growing communities in the nation, the Ankeny Community School District enjoys a reputation as one of the Midwest’s premier public school districts. United by a commitment to ensure every learner is prepared to achieve a lifetime of personal success, our district offers boundless opportunities in academics, athletics, the arts, and other extracurricular activities.
Ankeny is located in the heart of Central Iowa, just six miles from Des Moines, the state’s capital and largest city, and twenty-six miles from Ames, the home of Iowa State University. Situated at the intersection of Interstates 35 and 80, we are an easy few-hour drive from Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Omaha. Our district – the sixth largest in Iowa – serves approximately 12,000 PK-12th grade students and has been one of the state’s fastest growing districts for more than a decade. Over the several years, we have been named a National Playful City, a Best Place to Raise Kids, and one of the nation’s Best Places to Live.
As our community grows, it is becoming increasingly diverse, with close to 20% of our students identifying as people of color. Our district is deeply committed to equity and inclusion and to ensuring the success of all children. We believe all students benefit when they learn from and interact with teachers and leaders from a variety of backgrounds, and so we strive to build a diverse team of exceptional adults laser-focused on doing what is best for the young people in their care.
The Ankeny Community School District does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, physical attributes, physical or mental ability or disability, ancestry, political party preference, military affiliation, socioeconomic status, or familial status.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING.
We are looking for remarkable people from a variety of backgrounds who are passionate about our mission and who are driven to serve all students. If you hold high expectations for yourself and others, are inspired by supporting the diverse aspirations of all learners, and thrive in collaborative environments committed to continuous improvement and reflection, the Ankeny Community School District could be the place for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
We are actively recruiting for a number of critical roles, including:
- Principal, Heritage Elementary School: As the instructional leader for the newest of our ten K-5 elementary schools, you’ll provide direction to ensure academic achievement and social growth for all students. You’ll establish and deepen existing relationships with families and the community and will work collaboratively with peers across the district to live the district’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Student and Building Support Specialist (High School): You’ll work as part of the administrative team at one of our two high schools to support student success, strengthen culture and community, and ensure effective implementation of the operations needed to keep a building running smoothly.
- School Administration Manager (Elementary): You’ll partner with the principal at one of our K-5 elementary schools to ensure strong academic programs, to coach and develop support staff, and to otherwise support with strong operations of the school building.
- Assistant Director of Special Programs (District Position): As a key member of our Academic Services Team, you will partner with the Director of Special Programs to ensure strong offerings related to extended learning, drop-out prevention, English language learners, special education, and more. You will also supervise Summit, the district’s alternative high school, and Beyond, the District’s 18+ transition program.
- Human Resources Manager (District Position): As part of the Human Resources leadership team, you’ll help craft and ensure the effective implementation of the district’s approach to employee benefits, worker’s compensation, performance management, and compliance with a variety of legal requirements for public school employees.
WHAT WE OFFER.
The Ankeny Community School District offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package, including health, dental, and life insurance, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, 403b/tax-sheltered annuities, and an employee assistance program. As Iowa public employees, our staff pays into the Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS).
We believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor and invest in coaching and ongoing professional development to grow our leaders. We also strive to offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
INTERESTED IN A POSITION OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT?
Does one of these positions sound right for you? Visit our job site and apply today.
Do you want to learn more or make us aware of a great candidate who should be on our radar? Fill out this brief form, and our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch.