LEADERSHIP COACH, TEXAS
TNTP seeks a full-time Leadership Coach to join the Southwest region working specifically in the state of Texas. This position is based in a home office anywhere in Texas and is available immediately. Up to 40% travel throughout Texas required, and occasional additional travel outside of the state.
Who We Are
A national nonprofit founded by teachers, TNTP believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff in TNTP’s Consulting Division work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. In Texas, TNTP is working in partnership with several districts across the state to create effective leaders by recruiting and training new school leaders and developing current leaders through targeted professional development and one-on-one coaching.
What You’ll Do
We know that to have an effective teacher in every classroom, there must be an effective leader in every school. As a Leadership Coach, you will work with our team and leaders in districts across the state of Texas to drive systemic change by creating and developing a shared vision of what excellent instruction looks like. You’ll coach current school leaders to operationalize that vision by developing their instructional expertise, identify gaps, and help them determine where to prioritize and focus their time as a school leader to best enable deeper learning in their school.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Facilitating weekly goals-based coaching aligned to program priorities and differentiated for individual leader and school needs and context
- Designing and facilitating professional development for new and veteran school leaders
- Designing and delivering training experiences for aspiring school leaders
- Collaborating with state, network and district leadership to observe and deliver concrete, actionable feedback to school leaders
- Collaborating with TNTP Leadership Coaches across contracts to develop TNTP’s best practices in leadership development
- Contributing to the vision and strategy, as well as expansion, of TNTP’s work in Texas
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Leadership Coach to:
- Bring a distinguished track record in school leadership. You have coached school leaders or led schools that achieved great things for their students and believe a strong school leader is essential to the success of a school.
- Demonstrate expertise in facilitating powerful learning experiences for adults. You excel at designing and implementing professional development experiences and have the content expertise to create rich training materials, conceptualize meaningful interactive learning experiences, and facilitate training sessions for school leaders that helps them shift their practice and support them in implementing learning experiences at the campus-level.
- Propose innovative solutions to complex challenges. You have a history of tackling high stakes challenges head on and moving work forward toward successful outcomes. Ambiguity doesn’t overwhelm you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches with limited guidance.
- Influence leaders to act. You’ll regularly interact with and be expected to influence clients – motivating them to make both incremental change and take quantum leaps.
- Embrace cross-cultural agility. Authentic self-reflection, self- awareness, and high emotional intelligence are central to who you are, and you utilize these skills to contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Previous experience as a school principal and a proven track record of raising student achievement (required)
- Experience coaching and facilitating professional development for school leaders and teachers (required)
- Immediate understanding of what effective teaching looks like and a deep commitment to effective instruction (required)
- Strong familiarity and experience with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) (preferred)
- Ability to track and analyze performance data to uncover trends and act strategically and effectively to improve results
- Ability to communicate compelling feedback that motivates leaders, develops instruction and accelerates student achievement
- Comfort modeling and engaging in courageous conversations
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, and attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
Please submit your application online here.