40905 – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ASSESSMENT, REPORTING AND DATA
Apply Here: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=329
ASSESSMENT REPORTING AND DATA
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Executive Director of AR&D is a visionary leader and member of the Deputy Superintendent of Academics’ leadership team. This person will plan, implement, and supervise an on-going program of assessment, research, and data management and provide expertise and guidance in the collection, analysis and communication of student and school academic results to teachers, district leadership, families, and the community for instruction and accountability purposes. The Executive Director will embody and support the AR&D department in living the DPS Shared Values of Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun.
– Lead the team members of the department to serve the needs of school leaders, teachers, district leadership, state, staff, and community in capturing student performance, analyzing results, and collaborating to communicate outcomes to a variety of audiences. Lead professional development for staff members to increase skills and ability to serve audiences.
– Direct the development of assessment strategy that understands and complies with Federal, state, and district assessment needs. Manage process of assessment development and/or selection across subjects to measure student performance to inform instruction and to meet accountability needs.
– Ensure understanding of all Federal and State accountability systems requirements related to student performance. Lead compliance of accountability measures, including production of annual DPS School Performance Framework, Unified Improvement Plan for district and schools, and other measures as necessary.
– Lead analysis of annual and short cycles of student performance data and lead interpretation and communication of identified patterns to relevant parties according to identified student needs.
– Collaborate on teacher effectiveness system with direct responsibility for leading the development and operation of a system to measure student outcomes as well as the student perception survey of teacher effectiveness.
– Survey educational research findings and develop effective methods of communicating and disseminating the salient related findings to district personnel along with recommendations for applicability to the district’s educational programs.
– Oversee and monitor all aspects of the State testing program including investigation of all testing irregularities.
– Direct the development of the annual departmental budget and collaborate on project-driven budgets. Monitor the monthly spend and adjust as necessary.
– Plan & provide high-quality professional development sessions in the interpretation and application of data.
– Demonstrate cost consciousness and operational efficiency while performing the duties of this position.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Seven (7) years of previous federal, state and district accountability, assessment or research experience for large districts.
– Ten (10) years leadership experience in leading differentiated projects and teams.
– Proven ability to positively impact educational programs through the constructive use of data to inform planning and instruction.
– Strong knowledge of statistics, particularly in an education setting.
– Ability to communicate complex information in a readily accessible manner with a variety of audiences.
– Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
– Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
– Honor and exemplify the DPS Values of Students First, Accountability, Equity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Fun.
– Master’s Degree in Statistics, Measurement, Evaluation; Psychometrics; or Masters in Educational Leadership or related field.
– PH. D. preferred.
The Assessment, Research & Evaluation Department (ARE) provides expertise and guidance in the collection, analysis, and communication of academic results to teachers, district leadership, families, and the community. We serve as a resource for test development, proper administration procedures, data collection, reporting, and analysis to inform instruction and improve student achievement.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.