POSITION: Elementary Principal
LOCATION: Pine Run Elementary
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2020
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on experience in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement
The principal is the educational administrator of the building, responsible for planning, developing, overseeing, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the school’s total educational program and learning environment. The principal is also responsible for the successful implementation of school board policies and administrative regulations adopted by the school district.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (List is not all-inclusive)
- Provide leadership and direction to achieve the elementary instructional program with the framework of district policy and regulations.
- Select, supervise, and evaluate professional and support staff, working with appropriate supervisors as necessary.
- Engage in classroom observations and discussion of instructional practices with staff to assist in improving and refining instructional skills.
- Assis in interpreting test results and planning appropriate actions.
- Coordinate the placement of students in appropriate grade level, class and/or program.
- Resolve conflicts among parents, teachers and students on school-related issues.
- Establish a “visible presence” in the school for the benefit of staff, students, parents and community.
- Assist in the development of a continuous in-service program for all staff.
- Develop and nurture supportive ties between home, school, and community.
- Manage effective public relations for the school and contribute to the public relations of the district as a whole.
- Prepare, organize, and administer the school budget.
- To perform such other tasks and to assume such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent.
Master’s Degree in Educational Administration required. Related prior Elementary K-6 Administrative or teaching experience required.
PA School Administrator – Principal PK-12 certificate or Elementary Principal certification required.
Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational and management skills. Knowledge of current instructional best practices and student-centered approach to all responsibilities.
Apply through the CBSD Employment Portal on or before June 22, 2020*. EOE
*The district reserves the right to close this posting prior to the deadline should a suitable applicant be found.
If you have a TalentEd account but do not remember your username or password, do NOT create a new account – call HR at 267-893-2084 for assistance.