Director of Language Acquisition
Position Type: Administration/Director
- Date Posted: 5/28/2020
- Location: LaVergne Education Center
- Date Available: 07/01/2020
- Closing Date: until filled
- Professional Educator License with General Administration
- Master degree or higher in Administration, Curriculum, Bilingual/Bicultural Education, or related field.
- Must have a strong knowledge base of biliteracy, language acquisition, and assessment of bilingual students; and ability to present and transfer knowledge to staff.
- Minimum 5 years of successful teaching experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and English as a Second Language Endorsements required.
Goal: Lead the dual language, TBE/TPI programs through a collaborative approach while supporting and empower building administrators, district administrators, and teachers to advance instructional practices in biliteracy and language acquisition to better prepare them to make decisions about student learning and language growth.
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Implements district and school-wide initiatives, such as dual language, balanced literacy, mathematical practices, technology integration, backwards design unit planning, and language development.
- Works with district administration to facilitate the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Provides leadership in district curriculum development and monitors implementation.
- Provides guidance and coaching to the administrators, literacy team, coaches, and specialists to support biliteracy and language acquisition practices at each building.
- Provides guidance and coaching to administrators and staff by attending building meetings, SIP meetings, and/or common plan times to support with language acquisition practices.
- Provides support to administrators and teachers to help with decision making around integrating technology with emergent bilingual learners to differentiate instruction and promote language growth.
- Assists in developing and facilitating professional development at a district and building level to deepen staff understanding of best practices in biliteracy and language acquisition.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with administrators, teachers and other school staff to strengthen all aspects of the instructional program.
- Supports the implementation of Multi-tiered Systems of Support with a focus on biliteracy, language acquisition, and research based practices designed for language learners.
- Collaborates with building level administrators, coaches, and specialists to set school based goals for students and staff needs.
- Analyzes data and identifies district trends in literacy, math, and language for students in language acquisition programs.
- Facilitates regular collaboration meetings with building and district administrators to increase capacity in biliteracy and language acquisition.
- Engages in reflective practices to identify successes and challenges; participates in professional development, research, reading, and inquiry sessions to stay abreast of developments in best classroom practices, technology, assessment, and research with a focus on biliteracy and language acquisition.
- Manages all aspects of state requirements as they relate to TBE/TPI programs including applying for and managing grants, writing periodic reports, bilingual program delivery reports, etc.
- Performs other duties and assumes responsibilities as assigned in accordance with terms stipulated in the current contract.
To apply: Please visit https://www.applitrack.com/schooldistrict100/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Administration.