Title: Choir Director
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Bachelor‘s degree and valid Texas teaching certificate.
- Plan, develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the District’s instructional program and show written evidence of preparations as required; prepare lesson plans that reflect accommodations for differences in student abilities and learning styles; linguistically accommodate instruction as appropriate for English language learners; coordinate with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits; help improve the achievement of all students; conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing and provide remediation as appropriate to ensure student mastery; assume responsibility and sponsor extracurricular activities as appropriate.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to active and successful student learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students; manage student behavior.
- Establish and maintain effective open communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators; participate in staff professional development activities.
- Complete appropriate documentation for students participating in special programs as required by district, state, and federal guidelines.
- Follow Educator Code of Conduct and all policies, procedures, laws and State/Federal regulations
- Follow the KISD Handbook and all applicable TAEA, TDEA, TETA, TMEA, and UIL policies.
- Participate in campus and district fine arts events, and applicable TAEA, TDEA, TETA, TMEA, and UIL events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of all applicable TAEA, TDEA, TETA, TMEA, and UIL guidelines. Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Knowledge of subjects assigned, including current research. Skill in effectively managing a classroom and student behavior.
- Skill in communicating effectively with others.
- Skill in modifying instruction for various student needs. Skill in working with various forms of equipment including, but not limited to, personal computers, calculators, projectors, and printers.
- Skill in working with computer tools, including but not limited to, email, internet, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Skill in working in collaborative team–based environments.
- Sign–On Bonus Competitive Salary 100% paid Employee Insurance Matching Annuity up to 6% Teacher Housing