Company Name: Portland Public Schools
Position Title: Chief of Schools
Location: Portland, Oregon, 97227, United States
We are seeking a dynamic leader with a demonstrated record of improving student performance and eliminating achievement disparities to join us as our Chief of Schools. This position will be part of the Portland Public Schools Instruction and School Communities leadership team, reporting to the Deputy Superintendent. The Chief of Schools will lead and supervise senior district leaders responsible for principal supervision and support of more than 80 schools. The Chief of Schools establishes a culture of high expectations which provides every student with equitable access to high-quality, standards-based, and culturally responsive instruction. Portland Public Schools is committed to eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning. We seek candidates who bring a commitment to racial equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- An active Oregon Administrative License issued by Teacher and Standards Practice Commission.
- 10+ years of experience in school system leadership as senior district or school administrator.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of student and program assessment, data analysis, program development and evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, research related to learning and curriculum implementation.
- Evidence of working in a multicultural/urban school environment with diverse school communities.
- Evidence of improving student achievement and outcomes.