Associate Director of Special Services-Early Childhood
Job Title: Associate Director of Special Services – Early Childhood Special Education
Department: Special Services
Pay Grade: A150
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Special Services
The job of Associate Director Special Services – Early Childhood Special Education assists the Director of Special Services with the general administration of the District’s early childhood special education program and services in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and in accordance with district goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists district administrators and the Director of Special Services in addressing legal issues related to the ECSE program to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Assists the Director of Special Services with comprehensive program evaluations to maintain district standards and goals.
- Responsible for budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities to ensure that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. other administrators, auditors, public agencies, community members, parents, etc.) to implement and/or maintain services and programs.
- Compiles data and presents reports as needed, (e.g. staff, public agencies, etc.) analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
- Coordinates Extended School Year Services for the ECSE program for the purpose of continuing support for eligible students.
- Coordinates and plans professional development activities for the ECSE certified and classified staff for the purpose of remaining compliant with state guidelines.
- Facilitates program improvement through leadership, on-going reviews and revisions of program improvement to continue to maintain district standards and goals.
- Directs the operations of the SPS Early Childhood Special Education program and services, including Shining Stars Early Childhood Center, itinerant services, assessment team, integrated classroom program and ECSE classroom throughout the district in order to deliver services and to enhance student achievement and to conform to established guidelines.
- Monitors and allocates personnel FTE to ensure compliance with program needs and state regulations.
- Participates in district and state early childhood organizations to pursue personal professional development.
- Supervises and evaluates ECSE certified and classified staff as assigned to ensure department and district goals are met and district, state and federal compliance is maintained.
- Supervises Early Childhood Special Education programs and services in order to comply with applicable district, state and federal regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in job-related area is required.
- Job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Missouri Special Education Administrator Certification, required
- Ability to gain and maintain “Highly Qualified” status as defined by Missouri’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance, the results of which must be satisfactory to the District, required.
All applicants must go to www.sps.org/jobs and apply to be considered. The School District of Springfield R-12 is an equal opportunity employer who participates in the E-Verify program.