41601 ASSOCIATE CHIEF, STUDENT EQUITY AND OPPORTUNITY
Apply Here: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=3JE
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Provide visionary leadership to management and influence future growth opportunities to achieve long term performance goals & objectives (5 to 10 years). Responsible for executing the overall business plan and acting as a champion for strategic change across departments and community.
-Create and support district vision, culture and strategic roadmap, including developing policies, acting as a thought leader, and model continuous improvement.
– Develop, manage and monitor budgets that support strategic goals, including: forecasting, linking financial decisions, setting annual costs, and providing recommendations to ensure fiscal integrity.
– Establish and cultivate effective working relationships with key district staff, governmental agencies, school districts, community groups and other resources in support of district initiatives and to maximize visibility.
– Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, Board of Education policies and regulations, maintain and direct activities related to the District’s safety and security efforts
– Develop strategies and framework to support continuous learning. Ultimately responsible for creating organizational capacities, building a diverse culture and promoting a high performing district.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Seven (7) or more years of relevant experience.
– Seven (7) or more years of executive district leadership experience.
– Experience developing and implementing a departmental/unit strategic plan.
– Demonstrated experience cultivating and leading large high performing teams, including building a strong performance-based culture and implementing and managing supporting systems and structures.
– Experience in leading large and complex programs to successful outcomes.
– Experience leading complex change initiatives.
– Experience in relationship management and networking.
– Experience working with diverse populations, community organizations, and other advocacy groups.
– Experience managing large and complex budgets, ensuring alignment of financial resources with the mission and vision of the Student, Equity & Opportunity departments and Equity Division.
– Thorough industry knowledge.
– Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving long range goals or vision.
– Ability to effectively lead an organization.
– Strategic planning and organizational development knowledge and skills.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
– Demonstrated experience performing as an effective leader and team player, and recognizing and resolving conflicts or potentially controversial situations through diplomacy.
– Superior leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
– Ability to develop, plan, and implement long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
– Encourages diversity and mutual respect among team members and demonstrates compassion and sensitivity.
– Bachelor’s Degree required.
– Master’s Degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.