LOWER MERION SCHOOL DISTRICT
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH
*Interested candidates are requested to apply via the District website at
The Lower Merion School District seeks a dynamic individual with integrity, visionary leadership, superior communication skills, and outstanding administrative ability for the position of Assistant Superintendent. The desired candidate will possess experience in improving and maintaining high academic performance and creating academic equity, excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills; experience with development and implementation of curriculum; knowledge of technological best practices; and success in community engagement/involvement.
The following qualifications are required:
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an assistant superintendent of schools in Pennsylvania;
- Masters Degree required, doctorate preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years in education, including five years’ building level and/or central office administrative experience and at least five years’ teaching experience;
- Excellent academic credentials.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills;
- History of improving and maintaining high academic performance and creating academic equity;
- Experience with development and implementation of curriculum; • Knowledge of technological best practices;
- Success in community engagement and involvement.
This is a 12-month position. The salary and benefits for the successful candidate will be nationally competitive and will be negotiated and determined upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting Board criteria.
The Lower Merion School District values diversity in the workplace and has a firm commitment to equal opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process. The District strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race; color; creed; religion; sex; age; national origin; ethnicity; marital status; sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity; honorably discharged veteran or military status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
Interested candidates are requested to apply via the District website at