Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
The City School District of New Rochelle is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources.
Reports To: Superintendent of Schools
Role: To provide effective administration and management of the certified and non-instructional personnel areas of the District, and to develop a climate in which optimum staff performance and morale are maintained.
- Assure compliance with State and Federal laws pertaining to education, Commissioner’s Regulations, Board of Education policies, regulations of the Superintendent, and requirements of negotiated contracts with District employees.
- Establish, maintain, and supervise the pedagogic recruitment program for the School District.
- Supervise the evaluation process of all pedagogic personnel and prepare tenure recommendations for review by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Advise and consult with the Superintendent of Schools on appointments and continuing service of professional personnel.
- Evaluate prior service credit and experience for salary placement prior to recommendation for appointment.
- Supervise and maintain all personnel records of the District’s pedagogic employees, including certification, attendance, and in-service training.
- Provide advice regarding certification of professional personnel and maintain District liaison with certificating agencies.
- Recruit non-instructional personnel and assist supervisors in the selection process.
- Maintain and supervise the non-instructional personnel operation for the School District.
- Process and advise on requests for leaves and transfers of assignment from non-instructional personnel.
- Assist in the development of non-instructional job descriptions, classifications, and organization of line and staff responsibilities.
- Assist administrative and supervisory personnel in interpreting the agreement between the School District and the representative units, and advise on proper maintenance of the various sections and sub-sections of the agreement.
- Advise the Board of Education and the Superintendent of Schools on procedures and proposals for negotiations with the representative units of the School District when requested.
- Advise on the proposals presented during negotiations.
- Participate as a representative of the Superintendent of Schools in such legal proceedings as may be involved in the relationships with the several representative units in the School District.
- Maintain continuing personnel liaison with the schools of the District and the staff of the schools so that the best interests of the District may be served.
- Supervise the District staff benefits program.
- Prepare reports/studies related to the personnel area when requested by the Superintendent.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Education; serve as a resource person when necessary.
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be requested by the Superintendent of Schools and authorized by law.
NYS Certification is required at the time of application.
Application Deadline: 5/6/2021
Start Date: 7/1/2021
Please apply at www.olasjobs.org