Assistant Superintendent Opening
Teaneck Public School District
Teaneck, New Jersey
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Teaneck Public School District, located in Teaneck, seeks a highly qualified Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position August 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment, and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: 3,800 students PreK-12
Location: Teaneck, NJ, Bergen County, 14 miles west of Midtown Manhattan, New York City
The candidate must have the experience, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in organizational leadership. The successful candidate will assume the major duties of organizing, coordinating, and directing the development, implementation, and coordination of all Special Education services, Nursing Services, Homeless Issues, Title I, guidance and counseling services, and is responsible for assuming the second-in-command responsibilities pursuant to the Job Description of the Superintendent of Schools in the absence of the Superintendent of Schools.
Key attributes include:
- A strong background in organizational leadership and school district operations in diverse communities.
- An experienced educational leader with a background in special education leadership is preferred.
- Knowledge of issues associated with student homelessness, including, but not limited to McKinney-Vento requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Doctorate preferred, Master’s degree is required from an accredited college/university with specialization in the areas of educational administration, supervision, and evaluation.
- Central office experience in diverse district desired.
- Valid New Jersey Administrative Certificate with School Administrator, or Principal endorsement, or eligibility required.
- Salary negotiable and will be regionally competitive based on experience.
- Closing date for applications: April 30, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- The first round of interviews begins: Week of May 17, 2021
- Board of Education Approval: June 16, 2021
- Start date: August 1, 2021
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
School Website: https://www.teaneckschools.org/
Consultants: Dr. Chris Tienken email@example.com
The Teaneck Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.