Burlington School District
High School Assistant Principal
The Burlington School District believes a diverse and culturally proficient faculty and staff are pivotal to the creation of a strong learning and working environment that supports student achievement and success. BSD administrators lead inclusive school communities with our vision: “Cultivating caring, creative, and courageous people. – Join the journey.”
The Mission of the Burlington School District is to graduate students who:
- Value different cultures;
- Engage with the community;
- Communicate effectively;
- Think creatively;
- Skillfully solve problems; and
- Achieve at their highest academic, intellectual and personal potential
The Burlington School District is seeking applications for an opening for a High School Assistant Principal to join the District’s dynamic Administrative Team. Burlington School District’s Assistant Principals serve as instructional leaders, learners, and managers of the school environment guided by the District mission, vision and strategic goals. They must possess the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying strategies that close the opportunity and achievement gap while raising the bar for student achievement. Our leaders promote a collaborative, positive and professional climate for student, staff and community to succeed.
JOB GOAL: To use leadership, organizational, supervisory and management skills to provide the effective and efficient daily operation of the school as assigned by the Principal.
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience;
- Evidence of professional growth and academic credit that is in excess of mandatory credits and courses needed to fulfill state certification requirements. A Master’s Degree in the area of educational administration is desired, but not required;
- A demonstrated ability to work with students, staff and the community;
- A demonstrated ability to lead and supervise adults
- Provide instructional leadership to maximize student learning
- Supervises members of the Student Support Center
- Maintains an effective school-wide policy in regard to student attendance
- Responds to discipline referrals submitted by teachers/staff
- Maintains the school attendance records and the school attendance records;
- Participate as member of the School Safety Team and Student Support Team
- Operates the school during the Principal’s absence;
- Supervises and evaluates sponsors of school activities other than athletic activities;
- Meet with school executive administration daily with updates on the day-to day operations of the school
- Supervise lunch supervision staff
- Supports teachers in creating classroom environments conducive to learning
- YES Program administrative support
- Assume responsibility for implementation of a Restorative Practices
- Supports the work of the Special Education Coordinator
- Oversees all aspects of the accounting of school activities;
- Assist in creation and implementation of teacher/staff professional development
- Approves all requests for field trips;
- Schedules and approves all assemblies, forums, and other school related activities;
- Works closely with the Principal in the annual review and/or revision of the teacher and student handbook
- Experience effectively working with culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
- Training and/or experience with group facilitation and process management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Burlington School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
The Burlington School District will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All applications must be submitted through Schooolspring.com: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3517802