Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland is looking for motivated, dedicated, skillful, and creative people to become school-based administrators. Research shows that effective school administrators play a critical role in the success of schools and their students. The recruitment of future diverse, highly qualified and culturally proficient administrators helps to ensure that MCPS will continue to focus on the success of every student.
This job closes on January 31, 2020.
Montgomery County Public Schools is committed to a culture of respect and equity that embraces the diversity of our community. Our Board of Education believes each and every student matters, and in particular, that educational outcomes should never be predictable by any individual’s actual or perceived personal characteristics, and that equity demands intensive focus and attention to eliminate all gaps in student achievement.
Top performing Principals who seek a district that will recognize and support on-going talent development with mentoring, consulting principals, and collaborative approaches to problems of practice, we are especially interested in sharing what we offer top candidates who can demonstrate their impact on all students’ academic achievement.
Ideal candidates include current school leaders who possess;
- Current principal certification comparable to the Administrator II certification in Maryland
- At least 2 years of successful experience as an assistant principal
- A thorough knowledge of Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) policies and procedures, the strategic plan, our curricula and programs, and state and federal regulations and laws
- Thorough knowledge of curriculum, instruction, organizational patterns, school operations, and pupil services
- Demonstrated competence in staff selection, training, supervision and evaluation
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to act effectively under stress
- Ability to motivate, encourage, and work with staff to ensure outstanding performance as well as good morale
Principal candidates are selected using a multi-phase process which carefully considers the applicant’s experience and readiness for a principalship. This process involves the following:
- Application to the Pre-Qualified List posting
- Initial paper screening of all the documents requested in the application process
- Job-embedded tasks
- Cross-office panel interview
HOW TO APPLY
- 1) Go to MCPS Careers, create your Profile, and apply to the Pre-Qualified Principal List posting, attaching all required documentation.
- 2) Upload an up-to-date resume that outlines your strengths in the principal competencies. Data points used to support your leadership experience are required.
- 3) Include a letter of interest (two pages maximum) addressed to Mrs. Lance Dempsey, Associate Superintendent, Office of Human Resources and Development.
The letter must provide an example of how you have built teacher capacity that resulted in improved teaching and learning experiences for students, as well as data and concrete examples to support your claims
- 4) Upload 3 separate artifacts demonstrating the work you have led that is aligned to the competencies. These must be uploaded as PDF only.
- 5) Solicit a reference from your current supervisor. He or she must specifically address the work you have done that is aligned to the core competencies and the impact of that work. The reference letter must be submitted directly to email@example.com from the individual writing the reference.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year