Title of Position: ACADEMY PRINCIPAL (Independent Study), Visions In Education Charter School, Contra Costa & Solano Counties, CA
To apply please go to:
https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1293889 for Contra Costa or
https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1293898 for Solano County
About the Position:
Visions In Education is seeking an Academy Principal to support Independent Study students in grades 9-12. This position will be supporting teachers and students in Contra Costa, Solano and neighboring communities. Travel to the Visions In Education offices in Sacramento may be required up to 3 days per week.
Candidates with extensive College & Career Readiness/Career Technical Education experience preferred. Experience working with technology, digital curriculum, and virtual tools is desired. In addition, familiarity with independent study, charter schools, community college resources, and non-site based instructional models is preferred.
Visions In Education offers a generous medical/dental/vision benefits package and also makes STRS/PERS contributions.
About Visions In Education
Visions In Education is one of the most established TK-12 Public Charter Schools serving northern California. We provide educational options for those students and families seeking alternatives to the traditional public school setting. Visions In Education has successfully supported students and families for 20 years and is a growing, thriving organization.
We have built our organization based upon hiring the most qualified people and helping them acquire the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Our students and families choose us as their school because we provide great teachers, systems and technology to achieve their educational goals.
Salary: $99,001 – $140,791 / year
Length of Work Year: 224 days (12 months)
Employment Type: Full Time
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS Under general direction, serves as an educational administrator and strategic leader responsible for instructional program development, implementation and assessment; responsible for management of resources and use of time/talents; responsible for positive and effective relationships among staff, students, and parents; responsible for ensuring high quality instruction, student success and preparing students to function effectively in the marketplace.
Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do all the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions of this class.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team, providing input and feedback in the educational program strategic planning and organizational change.
- Collaborates with the instructional leadership team in the formation and implementation of instructional policy and philosophy.
- Formulates, selects, creates, revises, reviews, evaluates and/or implements K-12 curricula and instructional materials; gives direction to the development of adequate courses of study and instructional guides that result in a well-articulated program and provides for student improvement and success.
- Conducts student interventions, participates in individualized educational plans (IEP’s), student study teams (SST’s) and discipline processes; ensures student documentation is accurate, complete and conforms to established standards and procedures.
- Conducts teacher observations, ensuring methods, practices and assigned work supports student success; models appropriate instruction and/or provides teacher training if needed.
- Monitors and reviews student grades, attendance, assigned work and other student data and records to ensure accuracy and compliance with program procedures and regulations.
- Communicates with students and/or parents on an individual basis or in groups.
- Coordinates support staff (i.e., counselors, nurses, speech therapists, etc.) as needed for students.
- Partners with Instruction and Human Resources to determine teacher recruitment needs, methods and staffing to support student achievement.
- Partners with Human Resources to provide recruitment/selection processes, professional supervisory practices, address employee questions/issues, and handle complaints and investigations that comply with employment laws and school policies, procedures and regulations.
- Interviews, selects, motivates, supervises, evaluates, disciplines and provides direction to teachers and non-teaching staff.
- Mentors, guides and trains teachers and non-teaching staff to ensure student success and customer service goals are achieved and that leadership and teamwork are developed and practiced.
- Develops and maintains effective communication systems and processes.
- Forms partnerships and develops teamwork with peers and other school staff to support and enhance school and student success.
- Plans, coordinates and prioritizes work activities to meet established objectives and deadlines.
- Keeps informed on trends and changes in legislation applicable to Charter School instruction and makes recommendations for change.
- May manage, coordinate or assist with special projects, special school programs or events.
- Attends and/or conducts staff meetings, in-service training activities, workshops, conferences and other training.
- Supports students, parents, and teachers geographically through a variety of means.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of a valid California teaching credential.
- Possession of a valid California administrative credential.
- Previous administrative experience, independent study or home-school experience desirable.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn, interpret and apply Visions In Education’s objectives, policies, procedures, rules, regulations and operations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and use applicable sections of the California Education Code, Charter law and other pertinent laws.
- Knowledge of learning theories, human needs, curriculum development and evaluation, motivation theory, school finance, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of or ability to work with data and use data to inform best practices.
- Knowledge of staffing, organization, selection, supervision and evaluation of personnel; ability to select, train, supervise and mentor personnel.
- Skill and ability to demonstrate, use and motivate others to the highest level of customer service.
- Skill and ability to think strategically while having the skills to handle day-to-day details and problems. ● Skill and ability to use logical, systematic thinking while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and subject to frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge and understanding of goal setting techniques including needs assessment and evaluation. ● Skill and ability to work with flexibility, efficiency and diplomacy.
- Skill and ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, analyze and evaluate alternative solutions, problem solve and draw valid conclusions.
- Skill and ability to use self-restraint, professional judgment, independent decision making and develop strategies to deal with a variety of people, adversaries and advocates under varying situations and conditions.
- Skill and ability to use written and oral communication requiring clarity and diplomacy in communication with a broad and diverse audience.
- Effective communication skills initiating individual and group discussions, listening, facilitating interaction among group members and speaking in public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and be held accountable for results.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and a strong customer service focus at all times, with a strong desire to succeed and solve problems.
- Ability to work confidently and with discretion.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to use a wide variety of office equipment including, but not limited to: personal computers, associated software programs (including Windows, word-processing, desktop publishing, presentation, spreadsheets, database and web based applications), e-mail, Internet, copiers, faxes and phones.
- Knowledge and skills to navigate and create blogs, Web pages, wikis and communicate effectively through various online resources including document sharing.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, availability of a vehicle and evidence of vehicle insurance.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and within the surrounding counties.
- Willingness to work irregular hours/days including evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call for emergencies