ALAS National is committed to helping our community in every way we can. Please feel free to explore the resources below as a source of guidance during this difficult time.
Racism and Tolerance Resources:
- ColorínColorado! Talking About Racism and Violence with Students: Resources for Educators
- PBS Newshour provides lessons for 6th-12th graders around the murder of George Floyd and ensuing protests
- How do We Teach our Children Anti-Racism? These Resources Will Help
- How Latinx People Can Fight Anti-Black Racism in Our Own Culture
- How to Talk to Kids About Racism and Protests: An Age-by-Age Guide
- 10 Best Books on Anti-Racism
- Teaching Tolerance provides a package on teaching about race, racism, and police violence
- 20 Children’s Books to Spark Conversations About Race + Tolerance
- Books to Help School-Aged Children Understand Racism
- Facing History and Ourselves provides resources for educators on the history of racism in our country along with this specific teaching idea to reflect on George Floyd’s death.