ALAS National aims to provide resources for grants, academics, social emotional learning and technology to support our students and communities during this critical time as we combat the spread of COVID-19. If you would like to share your resources with our state affiliates, the ALAS webpage will serve as a repository for state affiliates and members to contact you directly. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALAS eLearning Package – Kneoworld
- Bilingual Literacy Platform – Footsteps2Brillance
- K -8 Printable home packs – Curriculum Associates
- IXL is providing ALAS members free access for the rest of the school year. Interested districts &/or schools may contact Ty Jones, email@example.com
- Math Tutoring for Title 1 schools – Upchieve
- At home SEL resources – Sanford Harmony
- K-12 reading lessons, videos and activities – Scholastic
- Schedules and activites for school closures – Khan Academy
- K-8 informational videos that explain everything from science and social studies to art, music and health in great detail, all while introducing subject-specific vocabulary – Brainpop
- Interactive guide for parents – Learning Heroes
- SAT Practice Tests – Khan Academy
- Webinars Topics – Education Elements
- Planning for Long-Term Virtual Learning if COVID-19 Extends School Closures
- Equity and School Closings
- Leading Through Uncertainty: Planning for Change, Not Perfection
- Why Psychological Safety Is More Important Than Ever
Facilitated Coffee Chats Topics
- COVID-19, Open Discussion (March 24th – 2:00pm EST)
- Tips for Successful Virtual Collaboration (March 30th – 3pm EST)
- Virtual “Appy” Hour – Apps and Digital Content (April 9th – 12pm EST)
1:1 Office Hours
- Choose your topic.
- Spanish Literacy Webinar Series – Global Vida (Ayudemos a nuestros niños a aprender a leer y a escribir usando actividades que les encantan. Para participar, guarda esta invitación hasta el día del taller al cual deseas asistir y a la hora en que iniciamos )
- Marzo 24: 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM Pacific (PST)
- Marzo 25: 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM Mountain (MST)
- Marzo 26: 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM Eastern (EST)
- Marzo 27: 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM Central (CST)
- **NEW** Show Me How is a self-service instructional tour designed to help students quickly understand the College Planning features in Naviance Student and reduce the support required from school and district staff. Staff can use Demo Naviance Student to use the Show Me How feature.
- Naviance Resource Guide highlights the grade-level activities for your student to complete online, keeping them engaged in college and career planning activities even if they are not physically in the classroom.
- Live Webinar Series allow you to learn from a Naviance expert about how to complete critical tasks with your students during the final months of the school year
About COVID-19 – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
COVID-19 is a new coronavirus that has not been previously seen in humans. There are many types of coronaviruses that commonly cause mild upper-respiratory tract illness (i.e. coughing). COVID-19 has now been detected in more than 100 countries internationally. Help us stop the stigma against specific racial or ethnic groups by sharing facts about how the virus spreads. Here are more answers to Frequently Asked Questions and you can also find them in Spanish.
There are simple, everyday precautionary actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze (and throw it in the trash right after) or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily using a regular household disinfecting spray or wipe.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – How to manage stress and anxiety during COVID-19
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): Protect yourself financially from the impact of coronavirus
- U.S. Department of Labor – Career OneStop Unemployment Benefits Finder
- U.S. Department of Labor – Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- District of Columbia COVID-19 Resources
- Maryland Unites – The Hogan Administration’s COVID-19 A-to-Z Resource Guide
- Virginia Department of Health: Resources and Support
- Heal Grow Thrive: The Podcast – COVID-19 Community Response: A Conversation with Hector Sanchez-Flores
- Hispanics In Philanthropy (HIP) Rapid Response for Census 2020 and COVID-19 Grant Program
- The HOPE Center: Resources for college students experiencing hunger, homelessness, as a result of COVID-19
- Teach For America – Resources for Public Schools
- Undocuscholars COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Communities
- United Way 211: FAQ’s, resources available to those impacted
- WhyHunger Hotline: helping those in need find local healthy food resources