Principal - Windham Middle School - Windham Public Schools - Willimantic - CT
We are currently seeking applications for a dynamic, knowledgeable, innovative, collaborative and experienced leader with proven skills to serve as the Principal for the Windham Middle School, a redesigned school with 3 houses serving grades 6-8.
The charge of the Principal will be to lead WMS to a higher standard of academic excellence where students are preparing for successful college programs and careers. The successful candidate must be committed and dedicated to the highest expectations for students, staff and all members of the school community. The position requires an individual with an outstanding reputation as a site-based educational leader who fosters an environment where the leaders all have a voice in the decision-making process. The ideal Principal should be an analytical thinker, an effective communicator, a confident, courageous, fair and effective supervisor, a passionate educational leader, a creative problem solver, a skilled recruiter and a visionary.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED INCLUDE:
- CT Certification in Intermediate Administration (092)
- Advanced degree in Educational Leadership or related field
- Significant (minimum 5 years) successful teaching and/or administrative experience, preferable in an urban setting
- Ability to administer discipline in a firm, fair, effective and consistent manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, parents and community members in a multi-cultural community
- Demonstrated strengths in leadership, sound interpersonal, technology and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in programs and strategies for students who receive Special Education and English Language Learner services
- Ability to work cooperatively with parents, community toward a common goal
- Knowledge of financial management
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
SALARY & TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary in accordance with the Windham Administrator Association contract.
- Twelve month position starting July 1, 2015.
Please visit our website, www.windham.k12.ct.us, click on employment opportunities and complete our online application
An Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer