Co-Principal of Johnson School - Bensenville School District 2 - Bensenville - IL
Bensenville School District 2 is seeking an outstanding co-principal to lead Johnson School, a high achieving elementary school of almost 700 children located in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Johnson School is an 110,000 square foot world-class learning environment just completed in 2013. Johnson School hosts grades Pre-K through 5th grade. The school offers a student-centered learning environment focused on inclusion with kids receiving language and reading supports in the classroom wings with interventionists. The school also believes in the value of a
rigorous art and music program for all students.
Bensenville District 2 is a very innovative school district. As a Race To The Top (Rt3) district, the requirements of PERA have already been implemented and piloted with teachers successfully.
The district has received numerous awards including a National Blue Ribbon award in 2011. Recently, ISBE named us one of the highest performing Rt3 districts in the entire state.
The successful candidate will have strong instructional expertise, proven work with Common Core State Standards, and a growth-mindset. The new co-principal will work in a shared leadership environment with the incumbent co-principal.
Johnson School possesses an outstanding, caring faculty with a strong focus on positive student outcomes. The school has a high level of ethnic and socio-economic diversity in a rigorous learning climate.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Leads with vision and a focus on student achievement
- Has the ability to foster positive relationships with parents, staff and students
- Values the competencies of all staff and leads them to new heights
- Understands and is able to lead the collaborative process
- Ability to thrive in a shared-leadership environment
- Candidates must have a Professional Educators License with General Administrative Endorsement, successful teaching and administrative experience at the elementary level and Master's degree or higher.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Principal is required. Current Assistant Principals will not be considered for this opening.
- Spanish skills would be a plus.
- Great benefits, 15 vacation days (over and above student breaks), 12 sick days and 3 personal days.
- 12 month position, reports to the Superintendent.
- Online application should include the formal application, resume, official transcripts and certificate and letters of recommendation.
- Apply online at www.bsd2.org and click the APPLY button. A regionally competitive salary and attractive benefits package will be offered.