Principal - Mullen High School - Denver, CO
Post Date: 10/16/2017
Mullen High School
Mullen High School is a Lasallian, Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school (grades 9-12) founded in 1931 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools. Mullen entered its 86th year of providing a Christian education to a diverse group of young men and women and is currently one of the largest co-educational Catholic high schools in Colorado.
Mullen High School is seeking a principal with exceptional leadership skills who will continue to advance the mission, philosophy, and commitment to a Lasallian, Catholic education and academic excellence. The successful candidate should be a visionary, entrepreneurial, and transformational leader with passion and zeal for Catholic, college preparatory education for young women and men. Paramount to success is the candidate’s proven ability to embrace the Lasallian Core Principles: Faith in the Presence of God; Respect for All Persons; Inclusive Community; Concern for the Poor and Social Justice; and Quality Education.
- A practicing, faithful Catholic who adheres to all principles of the Catholic faith in the Lasallian tradition.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively market and communicate the Lasallian values and mission of an educational institution, and to establish strong and positive internal and external relationships.
- Current knowledge of secondary school pedagogy including professional development and instruction.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in technology with an understanding of how to use information and technology to prepare students to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
- At least 5 years of successful administrative experience in a secondary school, including oversight of athletic and co-curricular programs.
- Ability to effectively lead a high-performing administrative team.
- Knowledge of private school law, employment law, and safety and security programs and protocols in a Catholic secondary school environment.
- Reporting directly to the president, the principal will have demonstrated success in forging strong relationships with a president, administrators, students, parents, faculty, staff, and community leaders.
- Experience with managing school facilities and capital improvements.
- Familiarity with business and operational practices of a secondary school.
Applicants must be Catholic and hold a Master’s Degree in Education. Full position profile is available at www.catholicschoolmgmt.com. Candidates should submit electronically a letter of introduction; resume; names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of five professional references; and a statement of approximately one page addressing: The Role of a Lasallian Catholic High School Principal in Sustaining Lasallian Catholic Values and Academic Excellence to Mullen High School Principal Search, Catholic School Management,
Attn: Dr. Lois J. Cavucci at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; complete applications received by November 3, 2017, will receive full consideration by the Search Committee.