Managing Director of Partnerships - Leading Educators
Leading Educators is a national nonprofit deeply committed to ensuring students from low-income background receive an excellent education. We partner with schools and districts to help highly effective teachers develop the leadership skills they need to successfully transition from leading students to leading their peers. We help districts identify their best teachers, and then provide intensive job-embedded coaching, relevant professional development, and powerful cohort-based learning experiences. Our goal is to extend the reach and impact of these highly effective teachers, transforming schools and dramatically improving student outcomes. Further details about our organizational impact can be found at the end of the job description.
The Managing Director of Partnerships (MDOP) plays a key leadership role in improving the outcomes of students through relationship building with school districts and charter organizations across the country. As Leading Educators continues to expand nationally, the MDOP will be responsible for building and executing strong internal systems and structures for capacity planning and cross-team collaboration. Externally, the MDOP will lead research and outreach in order to discover and cultivate partnerships with school systems to effectively drive student achievement via job-embedded teacher leadership and standards-based instruction. The MDOP will report directly to the Chief Learning Officer.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications.
Enhancing Organizational Planning and Effectiveness
- Assess and improve structures that allow for cross-team collaboration to understand capacity to design and deliver projects.
- Recommend and use technical systems to capacity map across the organization for new business and existing programs, monitoring teams' work plans and capacity to quickly adjust project staffing as needed.
- Monitor client satisfaction (touchpoints throughout work and project closure) and work with project staff to adjust project implementation accordingly.
- Monitor staff time on projects and run actuals reports to allow for seamless staffing of future work.
- Build leadership and capacity across teams to execute and improve solutions for clients.
Partner Research and Outreach
- Build on existing strategy to discover, evaluate, and prioritize partnership opportunities.
- Develop and implement initial outreach methods.
- Manage the Director of Partnerships in monitoring the partner pipeline on a rolling basis.
- Coordinate with the Director of Partnerships to ensure appropriate marketing collateral is developed to support the partner pipeline.
Partner Cultivation and Contracting
- Learn and collaborate across the organization in order to engage partners as an expert in Leading Educators' work.
- Engage prospective partners toward an understanding of how Leading Educators can advance or guide their strategic plans.
- Lead the Partnership Cultivation team to achieve annual contract signings and partner satisfaction goals.
- Collaborate with the Program and Finance, Information Technology, and Talent (FITT) teams to develop proposals for partners.
- Jointly determine key deliverables for projects with partners and program leaders.
- Manage client relationships through the contracting process and ensure smooth transitions to subsequent owners of relationships within Leading Educators.
Key Competencies and Experiences
- Ability to lead in an ambiguous, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong relationship building, leadership, and people development skills
- Willingness to initiate self-directed and peer learning about the Leading Educators program
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience cultivating partnerships and achieving ambitious partnership goals (with experience in the education sector preferred)
- Experience successfully leading projects collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience assessing and building systems for project management and accurate forecasting of capacity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience writing, presenting, and facilitating high-stakes meetings
Location is flexible with preference for New Orleans, Washington DC or Chicago.
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. In addition, Leading Educators offers a very generous benefits package including 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual employees and a 4% matching 401k plan. Additional premium costs are covered by Leading Educators for partners and dependents on medical, dental, and vision plans. Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and childcare expenses are available, as well as a very generous PTO plan. Benefits are valued at or above $7,500 for employees.
LEADING EDUCATORS ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT
Leading Educators partners with schools and districts to maximize the leadership development of highly effective educators. Our goal is to identify, train, and support teacher leaders to raise student achievement and retain talented educators in high-need schools. Through our work, we create a larger, highly skilled talent pool to meet the nation's growing demand for high-impact teachers, middle leaders, and principals.
Leading Educators offers formal training sessions designed to be immediately applicable by teacher leaders. Expert faculty model new skills, facilitate targeted practice, and drive action planning for implementation. Leading Educators also provides customized teacher leadership development consulting for districts, charter management organizations, schools, state-level agencies, and non-profit organizations.
The Leading Educators Fellowship is a two-year program for teacher leaders. The program encompasses targeted training experiences, the community of a peer cohort, and the personal support of a coach in order to develop leadership and management skills that drive student achievement growth. Results from a preliminary RAND Corporation study found that teacher leaders enrolled in the Leading Educators programs showed statistically significant leadership skill growth and have remained in high-poverty schools at rates that were higher than or comparable to similar teachers in their school districts. In New Orleans, Fellows had a sizable, statistically significant impact on math achievement equivalent to 10 percentile point gain.
In the 2014-2015 school year, Leading Educators' work - including the Fellowship and beyond - reached over 814 teacher leaders, who led roughly 6,512 teachers and impacted a total of 187,220 students in about 194 schools across multiple cities and regions in the United States.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Leading Educators strongly values equity and challenges historical inequity with a persistent focus on dismantling systemic racism. We work towards a more just society and as such we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
To apply, please submit an online application at http://www.leadingeducators.org/careers/
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hpxw58tgnj