$10,000 AND $2,000 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Deadline: September 1, 2018
Sponsored by Curriculum Associates
As the Latino population continues to grow in the United States, the need for more Latino school system administrators is greater than ever. By the year 2025, it is projected that Latino children will make up 25 percent of the school-age population. Latinos are the largest minority population in the country; however, the number of advancement opportunities for aspiring Latino school leaders is disproportionately small.
ALAS is offering a $10,000 scholarship and a $2,000 scholarship this year thanks to our partner Curriculum Associates who is sponsoring the ALAS scholarships for the fourth consecutive year.
ALAS recognizes Latino administrators for their leadership by providing assistance toward an advanced degree in education. The top recipient will receive a one-time $10,000 scholarship award and the runner-up recipient will receive a one-time $2,000 scholarship award. The scholarships will be made payable to the recipients’ institution of higher learning and the recipients will be presented the award during the Awards Banquet at the 15th Annual ALAS Education Summit in San Diego, CA.
If you are an aspiring Latino superintendent currently enrolled in, or have been accepted in to, an advanced degree program in education in a college or university, take advantage of this opportunity to secure a scholarship.
- You must be a current dues-paying member of ALAS to apply.
- You must be currently enrolled in or accepted into an advanced degree program in education in a college or university with the goal of becoming a superintendent.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and complete the 2018 Scholarship Application Form and submit to ALAS.
- Submit a 500-word, or less, essay on how an advanced degree will help you achieve your goals and further the goals of ALAS.
- Submit a resume, brief bio and three letters of recommendation.
Application Deadline: September 1!
If you have questions about the application process, email us.