Superintendent, Pharr-San Juan- Alamo Independent School District (PSJA ISD), Pharr, TX
The PSJA School Board is seeking a Superintendent who is focused on academic excellence and has the talent and commitment to continue to strengthen and deepen the district’s work in these initiatives. The preferred candidate also understands the implications of school choice and competition and the integral role PSJA plays in keeping the tri-city community and school district in the forefront of education, innovation and an ever-improving quality of life for our families. PSJA ISD is a 6A District in Hidalgo County serving approximately 32,600 students across 43 campuses. At PSJA ISD, the mission is to develop, in collaboration with the home and community, the potential of all learners to become participating and productive members of society. The focus is post-secondary completion for all student (College Ready, College Connected and College Complete or College 3) . Over the last decade, PSJA ISD has rapidly become a state and national leader in creating more quality academic opportunities for all students. When PSJA says “College for All”, we truly mean it.
The application deadline is August 14, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (CST). The anticipated start date for the new Superintendent is October 1, 2019, although applicants may be requested to start earlier. Applicants are required to hold a Texas Superintendent certificate. Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent experience is required as discussed in applicant profile. An application should include: A detailed letter of interest indicating qualifications and reasons for interest in the position.
- A completed application. (To request an application form contact Jess Butler, email@example.com or Ben Castillo, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A statement of philosophy of education administration (not to exceed one page).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Post-secondary education transcripts
- Copy of Texas Superintendent certification.
- Three letters of reference.
Application materials will be treated confidentially. Applicants are requested not to contact the current members of the Board. The final selection and appointment is the sole responsibility of the Board of Trustees.
The search is being conducted by O’Hanlon, Demerath & Castillo in conjunction with Waterford School Services, Dr. Felipe Alanis and Dr. Jesse Butler.
- At least 15 years successful experience in public education.
- At least 3 years successful experience as a principal.
- Experience as a successful Superintendent, or as a successful Assistant Superintendent in a district of at least 15,000 students with multiple high schools.
- Certified as a Superintendent in Texas.
- Knowledgeable in Texas school law, finance, curriculum and accountability.
- Evidence as a proven leader.
- An earned doctorate degree.
If potential candidates have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Felipe Alanis via email at email@example.com or by phone at 512.632.6030, Dr. Jesse Butler via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512.496.6260, or Benjamin Castillo of the law firm of O’Hanlon, Demerath & Castillo at the telephone number or email address listed above.