Superintendent- Omaha Public Schools- Omaha- NE
POST DATE: 12/20/16
Omaha Public Schools
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Omaha Public Schools, Omaha, Nebraska, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2017. McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the board of education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: eastern Nebraska
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. Omaha Public Schools is a leader among urban districts that is seeking a superintendent who will utilize the District’s Strategic Plan and continue Omaha Public Schools’ growth into a model school district. This leader will use their experience and understanding of the needs of a diverse, urban district with high poverty and a growing English Language Learner and Migrant Student population to drive ongoing success for all students.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Educational leadership with a vision centered on student learning and achievement.
· A focus on improving student achievement and the closing of all achievement gaps.
· Professional and cultural competence in a diverse urban setting.
· The ability to be a collaborative leader with the ability to deliver and accept feedback.
· A willingness to involve the key stakeholders and proactively address issues facing the district.
· The ability to communicate our story by honoring our past to guide the future.
· A history of building positive relationships with students, staff and the community as a whole.
· The ability to proactively work with state and local government officials
. · The capacity to work collaboratively with all board members.
· Knowledge of and the ability to implement academic best practices.
· The ability to develop and grow partnerships in the community and across the region.
· Great communication skills along with excellent interpersonal and public relation skills.
· The ability to create a climate to motivate students and staff to achieve.
· The skill to effectively manage budgets and resources in excess of $500 million.
· Closing date for applications: February 8, 2017 (11:30 p.m. central time)
· Board of Education selects semi-finalists to interview: February 25, 2017
· Semi-finalists interviews with the Board of Education: week of Feb. 27, 2017
· Finalists interviews with the Board of Education: week of March 6, 2017
· Selection of new Superintendent: March 2017
· Start date: July 1, 2017
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
7905 L St., Suite 310
Omaha, NE 68127 888-375-4814
School Website: http://district.ops.org Consultants:
Dr. Thomas Jacobson firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Richard Sundblad email@example.com
Mr. Wayne Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Loe Dunn email@example.com