Strategic Relationships VP - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - Chicago- IL
Post Date: 03/28/2017
Strategic Relationships VP
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60007
Additional locations: Can also be Home-based in Memphis, Tennessee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Louisville, Kentucky.
Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Requisition ID: 
Create, deepen and leverage networks of relationships with state level K-12 education leadership and district/system senior executives (superintendent and cabinet level) and board leadership to understand customer requirements and to proactively create HMH strategic sales opportunities that result in marginal revenues to the US Field Sales organization. This is to be accomplished through networking, meetings, conferences or other forums, and includes connecting key customers and potential customers with targeted HMH strategy and content leaders.
• Build HMH brand awareness, visibility and accessible networks of leaders and influencers by representing HMH at critical local, state and national association conferences and meetings, for example – Council of Great City Schools, National School Board Association, American Association of School Administrators and other similar organizations.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of key HMH products, services and solutions sufficient to position effective solutions for senior administrators and key influencers.
• Target a list of accounts where the SRVP has senior executive and board leadership contacts to develop strategic sales plans in conjunction with field sales executives (SVP/RVP) and lead introductory strategic sales activities. Critical output includes meaningful, structured sales intelligence and account knowledge bases to guide development of strategic business relationships.
• Proactively monitor accounts where influence exists to identify areas where SRVP can assist in a current sales cycle or bring influence to the decision making process towards the end of the sales cycle.
• Analyze and correlate relevant client, competitive and market data to identify significant funding opportunities and to position HMH products and services to build key HMH initiatives including learning transformation, leadership development, high stakes –low stakes assessment, underperforming schools etc
Education, Skills, Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Marketing or Liberal Arts. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 10 years K-12 Education sales and/or district leadership experience
• Strong networking skills
• Extensive network of senior K-12 Education executives
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
• Microsoft Suite Skills, including sales reporting tools
• Preferred: MA/MS in related field
• Acceptable driving record required
• Heavy travel required with frequent overnight stays. Travel 80% of time mostly by air
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues and customers via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.