Principal- PGCPS- Prince George's County- MD
POST DATE: 12/20/16
POSITION TITLE: Principals—Elementary/Secondary
ORGANIZATION: Various Schools
REPORTS TO: Associate Superintendent
In Prince George’s County Public Schools, the principal upholds and drives our shared core values and epitomizes being Great by Choice. The Principal is responsible for operating the instructional program and providing educational leadership for the staff, students, and community. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader with the right skills and experiences to have a lasting impact on Prince George’s County Public Schools’ employees and students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Developing, articulating and implementing a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community;
- Provide instructional leadership for the alignment of curriculum, instruction and assessment through the purposeful observation and evaluation of teachers;
- Develop an approach to improve and maintain a positive culture for learning that capitalizes on multiple aspects of cultural diversity to meet the needs of all students and staff;
- Building professional learning communities to nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to accelerated student achievement;
- Exercise initiative, tact and good judgment in dealing with others;
- Create, maintain, and monitor a monthly meeting calendar that allows for faculty and staff collaboration and a school culture focused on rigor and learning for all students;
- Ensuring efficient management of school operations and resources for a safe and effective learning environment;
- Collaborating with families and community members and is capable of responding to diverse community interests by mobilizing community resources;
- Seek and engage in professional activities that foster leadership development; build the capacity of the Assistant Principal and other aspiring leaders;
- Fostering innovative thinkers who can help achieve the vision and mission of the Prince George’s County Public Schools;
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, mutual respect, and high ethical standards; Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, staff and community exercising courtesy and discretion; serve as a role model for staff and students; and
- Comply with all Board of Education Policies, Administrative Procedures and operating procedures.
- Ability to create a team that works collaboratively and promotes high expectations for all students;
- Have knowledge and experience implementing curriculum;
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
Doctorate preferred; Master’s degree in Supervision and Administration or Curriculum and Instruction required; previous successful experience as a School-based Administrator, (or other comparable leadership experience). Comparable leadership experience includes but is not limited to: school Dean, or Assistant Principal equivalent position; district or central office level Supervisor, Director or Manager.
Maryland Advanced Professional Certificate, Administrator II Certification required.
Supervises all school-based staff.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and use fingers, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, the ability to adjust focus, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Please send resume to Hr.email@example.com