Director of Innovative Curriculum Design - Issac School District - Phoenix, AZ
Post Date: 02/01/17
DIRECTOR OF INNOVATIVE CURRICULUM DESIGN
Provide leadership for the overall instructional program of the district. Responsible for leading in the 21st Century innovative design of the district’s curriculum and educational programs that support the learning of all students.
1. Master’s degree in Curriculum & Instruction or related graduate degree
2. Arizona English as A Second Language (ESL) or Bilingual Endorsement preferred
3. Minimum of five (5) years of classroom teaching experience, preferred
4. Minimum of three (3) years of school administrative experience preferred
5. Knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment
6. Knowledge of English Language Development instructional programs
7. Knowledge of various Instructional Programs
8. Knowledge of Blended Learning Programs preferred
9. Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
10. Ability to manage budget and assigned personnel
11. Ability to implement policy and procedures
12. Ability to use technology tools
13. Ability to determine trends, progress and needs through data analytics
14. Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
15. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
1. Direct instructional and curriculum services to meet the needs of every student.
2. Collaborate with department directors in achieving department goals.
3. Lead and guide assigned staff to collaborate with teachers and principals in implementing innovative solutions to increasing student achievement.
4. Apply scientifically-based research and district data to the development of a 21st Century innovative curriculum.
5. Ensure that district’s curriculum and instructional programs are aligned to the Arizona College and Career Readiness Standards
6. Design innovative approaches for preparing New Teachers
7. Design teacher professional development that is aligned to achieving department goals
8. Guide staff in designing a Standards Teaching Guide for every grade level and monitor the instructional implementation
9. Lead staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student-groups learning needs.
10. Monitor the integration of technology tools and programs in the teaching and learning process.
11. Align resources and staff to support department goals.
12. Coordinate textbook adoption activities.
13. Oversee the curriculum and programs for Early Childhood (preschool) Gifted and English Language learners.
14. Supervise and evaluate the performance and duties of assigned staff
15. Other responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Months
SALARY: Administrative Salary Schedule
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION
AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973
Director of Innovative Curriculum Design
Open Until Filled