Communications, Graphics and Conference Tech Intern, ALAS, Washington, DC
- Professional Development – Professional development programs that strengthen the skills of superintendents, principals, and other administrators.
- Information Sharing – Information sharing around innovative instructional and learning strategies that have proven successful in motivating Latinx youth and increasing academic performance in critical learning areas.
- Policy Advocacy – Policy advocacy to ensure high standards and quality in our public education system.
- Website, graphic design and tech support
- Management of social media accounts for organization; assist with online outreach and promotion and support for national conferences
- Will support advocacy campaigns and research promotion related to ALAS publications and programmatic work
- Will support ALAS by creating graphics, marketing materials and some written content to support and enhance ALAS web and social media presence
- Will assist with graphic design and website management
- Intern should have a passion for ALAS mission and be able to design within an established brand identity while proposing new and innovative ideas.
- Perform a variety of duties assigned to assist Executive Director and staff
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be knowledgeable using Drupal/WordPress
- High school diploma or GED and must be a current undergraduate/graduate student Energetic and creative and takes initiative
- Tech savvy
- Hard-working, detail oriented and team oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills with time constraints and varied workload
- Must be knowledgeable of efficient office practices and procedures
- Interest in non-profit work, education, advocacy, political science or social work
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and organization meetings
- Shadowing, mentoring and training opportunities for professional development and personal growth
- Real world experience working with staff, partners & membership
- Explore career opportunities in DC
- Recommendation letter opportunity available upon successful completion of internship
- Compensation available
- Communications intern will be paid a stipend of $2,000 for entire duration of internship. Additional opportunities available post internship based on performance.
Please submit a copy of resume, cover letter and short writing sample (5-page max) and additional portfolio work of related work to the following email:
Email subject as follows:
“First & Last Name Communications 2019 Internship Application”