CHIEF SPECIAL EDUCATION-ORANGE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) is seeking a talented Chief Special Education to direct, manage, supervise, coordinate, and provide strategic direction for the activities of Special Education Services within the Department; coordinate assigned activities with other units, divisions, outside agencies, and the general public; and provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the organization.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Directing, managing, supervising, evaluating, leading, and coordinating the activities of assigned programs, activities, and services.
- Coordinating assigned activities with other units, divisions, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Managing and participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for Special Education programs including the development of various training programs and technology services within the Division.
- Coach and mentor staff to build leadership skills and leadership capacity within the Division.
- Participate in the Orange County Department of Education's continued effort to provide leadership in Special Education.