Assistant Superintendent - School City of East Chicago - East Chicago - IN
Post Date: 03/07/2017
School City of East Chicago
POSITION: Assistant Superintendent
- Educational Specialist Degree in Education, Curriculum/Instruction, Doctorate Preferred
- Holds or eligible for proper administrative license certification and endorsements in School Administration/Curriculum & Instruction for the State of Indiana.
- Broad knowledge of instructional programs and teaching methodologies Pre K-12
- Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience
- Minimum of five years of administrative experience at building/Central office/supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in analysis/interpretation of data systems and develop implementations
- Has evidence of developing/implementing successful interventions and instructional modifications
- Has demonstrated qualities of outstanding leadership
- Possess exemplary communication skills and has strong history of problem solving
- Knowledge and experience in Professional Learning Communities
- Experience in acquiring financial support as well as managing state/federal grants and programs.
- Successful educational experience in an urban school environment
- History of developing collaborations/partnerships with community and post secondary institutions
- Experience in defining standards, aligning curriculum/instruction
- Is current on present educational research, literature and effective practices
- Success in use of formative and summative assessment measurements
- Possess abilities to supervise and direct people/programs
- Has skills necessary to coordinate procedures to review select, and evaluate instructional materials
- Experience in establishing goals, objectives and procedures related to the operation of the curricular instructional program.
- Experience in and knowledge of Special Education programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the formulation of a philosophy and objectives for the instructional program
- Analyze and interpret all regular education standardized student performance
Assessments as it relates to the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum and instructional services.
- Keep abreast of developments in curriculum and instruction, and provide leadership
In determining their appropriateness for inclusion in the district’s instructional program.
- Encourages the development, publication, and use of new instructional materials by the professional staff.
- Works with building principals in the improvement of individual staff competencies
- Guides the implementation and evaluation of the instructional technology initiative within the district.
- Guides and monitors all categorical grants/funds as promulgated by state and federal agencies that impact on the regular education program.
- Assists in the development and coordination of the selections of the budget that pertain to curriculum and instructions.
- Maintains liaison and active participation with educational leaders in curriculum and instruction at state, regional, and national levels.
- Provide leadership in coordinating federal projects & district curriculum & instructional programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the direction and coordination of the Special Education Department
Contract Period: 12 months
Salary/Benefits: Salary to be determined
Reports to: School Superintendent
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Please send letter of interest and credentials/resume to:
Director of Human Resources
1401 E. 144th St.
East Chicago, In. 46312