Directs, administers, and coordinates the curriculum and instructional activities of the district in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the superintendent and school board by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
1. Doctorial degree preferred with a major in educational leadership, educational supervision, or a related field.
2. Central office administration experience preferred.
3. Successful experience as a principal.
4. Successful experience in instruction and curriculum development.
5. Hold or be able to obtain a Pennsylvania Letter of Eligibility.
6. Satisfactory work record & criminal/child abuse clearances (Acts 34, 114 and 151).
7. Such additional modifications or alternatives to the above qualifications as the board or superintendent may determine appropriate and acceptable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implements the PA School Code, Chapter 4 standards and requirements to move the school district to standards based approach under Chapter 4.
2. Develops and implements a plan for the development and revision of curriculum in all subject areas K-12.
3. Participates and provides leadership in all District-wide instructional improvement initiatives.
4. Monitors and supports implementation of curriculum District-wide.
5. Provides district-wide oversight of the ESOL and special education programs.
6. Participates in the implementation of the school district's strategic plan.
7. Facilitates the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of summer school.