Assistant Superintendent, Clark County School District, NV
About the position:
The person selected for this at-will, licensed administrative position will implement a highly visible and proactive division of evaluation, assessment, testing, accountability, research, school improvement, grant compliance, and special projects. This position will be responsible for providing sound theoretical information that is relevant and useful for evaluation and management of school improvement data. The person selected for this position is directly responsible to the Chief Instructional Services Officer, Instructional Services Unit.
1. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the area of educational leadership, statistics, assessment, program evaluation, or other area applicable to the position responsibilities.
2. Have previously demonstrated five (5) years of successful licensed teaching experience in an accredited K-12 public or private school; and, be able to acquire, by time of appointment, appropriate Nevada school administrative endorsement; or, have previously demonstrated at least three (3) years of successful licensed teaching in an accredited K-12 public or private school; and, currently hold a valid Nevada school administrative endorsement.
3. Have previously demonstrated at least two (2) years of experience as a contracted school principal in an accredited K-12 public or private school (or) at least five (5) years recent successful district-level leadership experience* as a contracted administrator in a large (minimum of 30,000 students) urban public school district.
*Leadership experience may include, but is not limited to: school administration, curriculum development, professional development, program evaluation and improvement, instructional assessment and accountability, and educational technology.
4. Experience supervising and monitoring the collection, verification, and reporting of assessment and accountability data.
5. Experience in developing and leading staff development, data-driven decision-making, program and school evaluation, accountability systems, school improvement, and curriculum review.
6. Experience working in, or working with, a large, urban, educational system comprised of diverse constituents.
7. Present or previous experience with strategies or research targeting student achievement in diverse educational settings.
8. Successful performance in the position held at the time of application.
Salary and Benefits
This is a twelve (12)-month “at-will” position with placement equivalent to Range 46 ($97,704- $130,872) of the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule.
Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) – Information regarding Nevada PERS can be obtained at www.nvpers.org.
Fully-paid employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Family policies are also available.
Persons interested in the position and who meet the minimum qualifications should submit the required online application through our web page at www.Teach.Vegas by 12:00 noon (PST), on Friday, April 12, 2019.
To receive consideration in this selection process, the following required materials:
three (3) letters of recommendation of which one (1) must be from the applicant’s current supervisor, a current resume, and complete set of college transcripts (copies of official transcripts will be accepted), must be submitted electronically where prompted on the online application, no later than the closing date specified above.
Current and previous employers may be contacted for references, and applicants for this position are subject to a thorough background investigation.
Please direct all questions to the Administrative Services Department at (702)799-5484.