ALAS Latinx Leadership Matters Campaign
About the campaign:
Our goal is to increase the number of Latinx school district superintendents and administrators in the United States. Out of the 14,000 school district leaders in the country, less than 2% are Latinx leaders and even far less Latinx women.
We will highlight various selections on our website to share how students feel about needing or having Latinx in Education Leadership roles. This is an opportunity for students to highlight the importance of having Latinx role models.
Submissions will be evaluated in three groups:
Elementary school students, Middle School, and High School students.
Five different categories:
1. Essay: Word count 500 - 1500
2. Poetry: Free format, as long as effectively conveys message
3. Song/Rap: Effectively conveys the message. Does not exceed 3 minutes
4. Art/Drawing/ photography: Must be able to be displayed, will not be returned. Must submit minimum 500 words describing art. (Please submit a photo of art piece full color.)
5. Video: Must not exceed 3 minutes.
*ALAS will not review any entries that include profane or offensive language or gestures*
**All submissions must attach release form to be considered**
Highlighting Most Impactful Submissions:
Participating schools will receive Donorschoose gift cards for their school to fund any Donorschoose project. Most impactful submissions will be highlighted in the ALAS website, newsletter and at the 16th Annual ALAS Education Summit in Orlando, FL.
All entries must be submitted by September 2019 by EOD to be considered.
Submit entries to email@example.com along with release form and submission form
Subject Line "2019 Campaign Submission" with student name & school.