Administrative Assistant, Provost, and Dean of Faculty, Colgate University, NY
About the position:
Colgate University is offering an Administrative Assistant, Provost, and Dean of Faculty position in a prestigious educational environment, with collaborative and supportive team dynamics and the opportunity to engage in a challenging and rewarding role. We are a distinctive, leading American university known for its intellectual rigor, world-class professors, campus of stunning beauty, and alumni famously loyal to their alma mater. Located in Hamilton N.Y. you are just moments away from Central New York's top attractions!
The University: Colgate's scale is unlike any in America. We are small enough for students to build relationships with their professors, yet large enough to support top scholars in every field. We offer a surprisingly vast array of classes and majors. Colgate strives to be an inclusive community -- one that embraces and values diversity in an environment of mutual respect, communication and engagement.
- We are looking for an experienced candidate that possesses the following traits:
- Takes accountability for the coordination of daily and ongoing operations of a division or function. A leader that can guide and support staff within the division, developing work procedures and maintaining quality control and ensuring deadlines are met.
- A welcoming presence who enjoys greeting visitors to ensure the reception area creates a welcoming environment
- A leader who takes ownership of administrative procedures and processes central to our team and responds in a timely manner to requests for information and knows when to refer to other resources as appropriate.
- Ability to manage an array of processes and procedures. These include: managing calendars, itineraries, contacts and correspondence for our team, coordinating with vendors and service providers; assist with onboarding new employees; and maintain adequate office supplies and other material required for the operation of our office, including researching services and pricing, processing quotes, creating PO's and requisitions and submitting for timely payment.
- The organizational ability to maintain divisional records, research information, analyze data, prepare reports, edit and format documents and presentations, and produce standard reports, as well as divisional communication to include: website maintenance, newsletters, posters, invitations, etc. planning and execution of divisional/function events and functions, including travel arrangements.
- Monitor divisional/function budgets and report on status, variances, and potential issues. Responsible for oversight of work and/or schedules of the student or casual wage employees, as assigned, including processing web time entry.
- May be responsible for the timely and efficient execution of other responsibilities, special projects, committees and other work unique to the department, division or function, as assigned.
- We will expect the candidate to have the following experience:
- Experience with progressive responsibilities such as managing executive calendars, managing promotion and tenure processes, responsibility for faculty salary information and departmental documents and handles all with discretion.
- A professional demeanor when working with sensitive documents and information and an ability to work with limited supervision and values attention to detail. Prior experience with travel and event logistics and maintaining multiple calendars.
- A flexible mindset with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Well versed in composing correspondence, creating spreadsheets, developing and printing reports, recording and arranging data, maintaining databases, creating presentations, and culling and consolidating data for reports with an eagle eye attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong customer service skills with the ability to professionally coordinate with multiple stakeholders. A strong aptitude for seeking out higher education industry knowledge, as well as, Colgate University organizational, systems and process knowledge.
- Can work collaboratively as a team member who enjoys working with diverse groups of faculty, staff, students and community members.
- An Associate's degree is preferred.
We offer a broad scope and exceptional quality of benefits to our employees. Every attempt is made to meet essential needs on a competitive basis. You may view them here: http://www.colgate.edu/working-at-colgate/benefits.
Colgate also believes in maintaining a healthy workforce, both physically and mentally, and recognizes the importance of maintaining and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Check out Work/Life Programs here: http://www.colgate.edu/working-at-colgate/work-life-programs
Why Should You Apply?
• Competitive salary
• High visibility role
• Access to personal development workshops and training
• A challenging and personally gratifying position in a prestigious university environment
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mxsykdbgvv625rp5